𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

"OH don't be so dramatic Evelyn, it's just a party

"OH don't be so dramatic Evelyn, it's just a party. Why are you acting this way?" She questioned me as I lay on my bed, reading a book. "Is there something I don't know? Is it because the last time you went was with George?" I got up immediately as my elbows rested against the bed and I looked her way.

"Weasley isn't the reason I'm not going. Sometimes you don't feel like doing certain things, Bonnie."

"Yes, I am aware, Evelyn. I'm just a little worried. It's just you've lost interest in things that brought you joy, I was just curious." Her lips formed into a thin line as she looked down. "I'm genuinely just concerned. I don't care if you want to go to the party or not. If you want we can stay in, we can make those chocolate-covered strawberries."

I sighed as I couldn't answer her. I wish I could tell her and I had no one else to go to besides Malfoy. I don't want to go to him. He's the last person I'd want to be with on this earth. "I quite miss the time when we all used to share a dorm. I'm fine, trust me. I could blame it on my studies. " She took a deep breath in as I reassured her.

"I miss it too."

As much as I hated the party that was being thrown, I wouldn't have minded decorating. Halloween was one of my favorite holidays because mostly I had the sweetest tooth.

We went down the stairs of the dormitory as something felt unusual. I couldn't put my finger on it but something felt weird. The decorations were placed on the table by Bonnie, each color-coded with black and neon orange. I noticed Malfoy on the couch but did not acknowledge his presence as much. Theo sat on the side of the tea area as he rubbed his eyes together since people were still waking up because it was a Saturday morning.

"Okay, so we got these spider decorations, they look creepy but I guess that's the point. We have skeletons, these long wall decorations, and something for you." blinked as I looked up, confused.

"For me? I love presents but there's no occasion," I spoke as she smiled widely, looking behind me. I turned around as I saw Blaise standing, in his long coat, signaling for a hug.

I walked towards him, practically running as I hugged him. I had missed him so much. "I thought you weren't returning till the end of fall?"

"Did I say that?" He questioned, "I meant before it."

"You're a complete git."

"Mother is still traveling, but I wanted to return early." I sighed in relief of him being here.

Blaise and I had been the best of friends since day one. Especially since Pansy. "So I heard there was a party tonight. What are we drinking?"

"Everything," Bonnie said as I played around with the decorations, observing the different types of candies in the bowls.

"The last time was when? Fifth-year? It feels like decades ago." He joked as Bonnie laughed.

"Evelyn wasn't going, it took convincing, I'll say that," Bonnie added as he looked towards me. My eyes looked in every other direction but Blaise's. I looked towards Malfoy instead, he was an arrogant arse, but I'd rather look his way than Blaise right now. He already has his eyes on me as I blinked and turned