eight

severus' face flushes a shade of pink and he scowls at the woman. "don't make me take it back, minerva."

"oh, that won't be necessary. minerva!" albus says, greeting her with open arms. she leans into his chest for about a second before her eyes snap to you, in your chair besides severus.

"pardon me," she shifts her way towards you, moving with grace in her green robes. you feel a swirling in your stomach as she bends down to your eye level.

"i don't believe we have met before." she extends a hand.

"minerva mcgonagall," she says as you shake her hand.

you smile and fight the urge to tell her that you know her name and all she will do to help the wizarding world. you fight the urge to tell her how much you really admire her.

"i-i'm y/n." you think for a second. "just y/n."

"but you aren't 'just' are you? from what i hear your a 'special little girl with an abnormal quantity of knowledge of our future'." she quotes albus in his letter, and smirks at him.

he frowns. "it really is true. go on, ask her anything."

it was minerva's turn to frown. "what do you mean ask her? ask her what exactly?"

"about something that's happened. it's not exactly best to ask about what will happen so i- well i suppose it wouldn't hurt to just-"

"sh." minerva holds a hand up and silences dumbledore.

her eyes close as she thinks hard- maybe she's trying to wrap this whole thing around her head.

"i can tell you what you said that night on private drive." you say softly.

her eyes open and glimmer, curiously. "go on, dear."

"you mention deddalus diggle and his reckless acts of setting off shooting stars up in kent. you said he hadn't much sense as it is-"

"stop," severus smirks at minerva. "you said that?"

minerva looks too suprised to even process that severus' comment.

"that's remarkable." she breaths. she turns to albus. "i mean, we were the only one's there weren't we-"

"what we think is that y/n is from a different reality. one where our lives are fiction and the muggle world is standard." severus says, standing from his chair and letting minerva sit in it.

you suppress letting out a squeal of excitement. "is that what you think, y/n? is that possible?"

"i think that is the most likely thing to have happened." you run two cold fingers up your arm. "i just don't know why- or how?"

"are you sure she isn't just a seer?" minerva asks albus. he shakes his head.

"y/n explained that thought the books reveal a lot to her about us, they are mostly narrated through the eyes of-"

"harry potter." finished severus, a slight waver in his voice. you remember lily and his love for her and look at him with pity.

"harry p-potter? that harry potter?"

"yes, that harry potter." albus says. "no doubt y/n knows all about him, already."

you nod.

"it is just us who have seldom seen him in his fully grown glory. a boy, finally." albus says reminiscently and you cringe at his wording.

"strangely enough, y/n." albus speaks to you now. "but, i was looking through the book of acceptance here at hogwarts-"

he brings out a torn out page of a book, with beautiful golden bordering and a simple peice of text on it.