sixty five

breakfast at hogwarts was always spectacular, but the christmas breakfast was sure to top them all.

you spot harry and ron sitting next to the weasley's older brothers, fred, george and percy.

the older brothers walk off, fred and george tugging at percy's sleeves as he almost has to drag himself away- giving you the space you need to speak to harry and ron alone.

you knew that this morning, the pair of them would have also woken up to a pile of presents.

however, it wasn't the chocolate frogs, bertie bots, or even mrs. weasley's magnificent jumpers that you were interested in.

no. you were interested in harry's mystery present.

his father's invisibility cloak.

you didn't have a care in the world about who would spot you, as you headed over in your pyjamas to them both, wearing their weasley jumpers.

oh, how you wished you had your own.

ron's jumper was a rich shade of maroon, with the large letter 'R' on it, whereas harry's was a beautiful shade of dark green, with no letter on it.

the pair broke into smiles as they looked up at you.

"merry christmas!" they wished you, together.

you hugged them both across the table.

"the same to you, have you opened your presents?"

"yeah, we did." harry says.

ron picks at his sleeve. "mum gave me this raggedy thing, made one for harry too. hermione gave us sweets and my twin brother's gave me some silly stuff, percy gave me a journal, charlie sent a dragon's tooth necklace and bill sent me some playing cards."

you inspect the dragons tooth and tell ron that he's very lucky to have it, before turning to the chosen one.

"did you get anything special, harry?" you ask him.

he tells you about the sweets from hermione and his dorm mates and the muggle money he'd recieved from uncle vernon.

"there's something else-" he says slowly. "but it's kind of a secret."

you grin, taking a seat next to ron. "don't worry, you know i won't tell."

"i got this note, attached to one of my presents today." he says, handing you a present note with loopy handwriting, addressed to harry potter.

it's time it was returned to you, it says towards the end. use it wisely.

"invisibility cloaks are incredibly rare." you tell him. "i mean there's only one true invisibility cloaks- the rest wear off after some time- but let's hope this one last long, if it's served your father well."

ron scoffss, shoving a fork full of mash in his mouth. "imagine! the luck you'd need to end up with the one and only true invisibility cloak."

"that would be crazy." you say, trying very hard not to laugh. "who ever casted the disillusionment charm on your cloak deserves a medal, bless them. this is going to last two generations."

harry nods. he's very quiet when he's trying to understand things, like the concept of an invisibility cloak.

"you get any good presents?" ron asks.

you grin. "of course."

you glance at serena as she cranes her head over to look at you.

you tap ron on the shoulder and smile at harry, slipping off of your seat.