Chapter 9: Getting to know each other

RECAP OF CHAPTER 8.5

Ash and Kade do the hankie panky and get attacked by Phelan, an assassin sent to find and kill the Queen. Phelan makes people see their worst fears and eats it just like chicken. Liam comes to check on Ash since Riki was attacked. Liam, Ash and Kade arrive home and Ash finds out why Liam doesn't like Kade. Kade isn't human. He lied. HeHee.

A/N:Didn't see that coming did you?

RIKI'S POV From Chapter 8.5

The guys and I are waiting whenever Liam, Ash, and Kade cross onto the island. We all tense and glare at Kade as Liam looks at us knowingly. Ash is the only one who doesn't seem to get what is wrong. A growl rumbles in my throat as I look at Kade.

"What the hell are you?" Ash looks confused as she glances between Kade and I.

"What are you talking about my Queen?" I growl again as Kade steps closer to Ash and I glance at Lucas. He quickly rushes over and yanks Kade to the side as I walk up to Ash and pull her into a hug.

"He's not human Ash and he's not a shifter." Ash stiffens as she looks up at me but she doesn't say anything. Just like I don't say anything about her having sex with him. Some things don't need to be said.

CHAPTER 9

WELL THAT'S A TWIST

RIKI POV

"What do you mean he isn't human?" Ash looks at me with a mixture of outrage and disbelief. Her eyes narrowing as she looks over to where Gabriel, Lucas, Liam, and Kade are yelling at each other. I grab her arm and she looks down at my hand then back up at me. I am so shocked by the confidence in her eyes that I let go. She quickly walks over to where the guys are and I follow. I hear Kade speak up as I step in between Gabriel and Lucas and lay my head on Lucas's shoulder then reach down and grab Gabriel's hand. They both look down at me then look quickly look back at Kade.

"I can't tell you what I am. Consider it need to know. But I can tell Queen Riki where her dad is." Kade's tattooed arms cross over his chest as he looks at me. I glance at Gabriel and Lucas, who are glaring at me.

"You know we have to have some kind of proof or something, right?"

"I can be his proof, or something." We all whirl behind us to see a girl crouched down at the water's edge. Her brown hair is up in pigtails and glasses are perched on a button nose. Brown intelligent eyes look into mine as I sniff the air. She shouldn't have been able to sneak up on all of us, we are shifters. I frown when I realize she doesn't have a scent. I look her over as she stands and walks towards me. I feel Lucas and Gabriel tense as I check out her clothes.  

Something is off with her clothes. She has on blue tank and bell bottom pants with no socks or shoes but even though she's been standing in the mud and is walking through wet grass there isn't a stain on her. Her pants are not even wet and her feet are clean. I raise my eyes to meet hers as my grip tightens on Lucas's arm and my hand clutches at Gabriel's.

"What are you?" She shrugs and look from me to the guys.

"Doesn't matter I can't tell you. Let's just say I'm part of a special government agency called the G.A. and Liam can vouch for me so I can vouch for Kade." All eyes swing to Liam and I can't help but laugh at the expression of horror on his face as he points at the girl.

"Bloody Hell Lass. Ye promised ye wouldn't come near me again without yer 'usband. He keeps an eye on ye. Bloody hell." He pales and moves so he is on the other side of Lucas, leaving Kade and Ash, behind us somehow I don't think Kade will hurt Ash so I focus on the girl. The girl wrinkles her nose at Liam and sticks out her bottom lip, pouting.