Chapter 18: Genie in a Bottle

A/N: Okay I'm starting from where Riki is kidnapped I might change a little of it around but not much of it

RECAP

CHAPTER 17

RIKI POV

I wake up, my arms above my head, chained to a wall. I jerk, growling, when I can't get free. I freeze when Jarek fills the doorway to my cell and fight not to cower. His black eyes stare into me as he walks into the room. I can't see what lays outside of the room because all I can see is darkness. I'm startled when Phelan walks into the room behind Jarek. Our eyes meet and for a second I swear I can see...regret...in his eyes. I flinch and look at Jarek when I feel something cut into my wrist, and I see the knife in his hands. Jarek cries out as my purple shield wraps around me and flickers a few minutes before going out again. I eye Jarek keenly and I see that his arms are bright red with blisters on them as is the hand that he'd used to cut me with. I watch as blood slides slowly down my arm, leaving a trail of crimson red. I blink as Jarek curses and I wonder briefly what's wrong with me. I feel sluggish.

"I knew I should have given you more drugs. I still don't have enough in you system to negate their powers." I giggle when I realize he's talking about my cubs. It serves him right. If he wants to torture me he can work for it. My head jerks to the side when he punches me in the jaw. The shield flairs up briefly, and burns him before dying out again.

"Shit that hurts. No matter, I can think of other ways to play with you and when I get the right dosage of drugs I can get my baby back." He pauses and looks down at me as he clutches his fists to his sides. I ignore him as I try to call the guys through our bond but I can't even feel them. A sob escapes as Jarek chuckles softly. "Oh I have a spell to block their bond and they'll never be able to find you in time." I tilt my head to look at him.

"In time for....what?" Jarek smiles and leans toward me so I can see the laughter in his black evil eyes.

"I have a backup plan Riki. Even if I can't touch you right now all I have to do is hold you until the two weeks are up and your babies will die. But until I find the right drugs and spells to block out your little bastards I'll just have to settle with screwing with your mind." He snaps his fingers and Phelan walks over as Jarek speaks again. "Feed off her Phelan, play with her a little while I go get some more drugs. He turns and leaves the room as Phelan kneels in front of me, his shaggy black hair falling into his face. For a moment I think he means to help me until he reaches out and sticks his hand down my shirt as I scream in fury and fear.

CHAPTER 18

GENIE IN A BOTTLE

RIKI POV

His hands brush over my necklace as his eyes hold mine. Then he pulls his hand back out bringing my necklace with it, without touching me in any untoward way. He doesn't say anything as he keeps a grip on my necklace but he reaches out with his other hand and places it on my shoulder. But it doesn't send me into my fear like it usually does, instead it sends me into his past. I jerk in surprise at the pain but I realize the drugs are having an adverse effect on my powers. I just pray it won't harm the babies.

................

PHELAN'S PAST

I watch as an older man and woman clutch my hands, feeding me/Phelan their fears, as they walk down the hallway. It isn't unpleasant feeding on their fears. It's kind of like sipping a milkshake. I wonder why Phelan forces everyone then? They stop in front of a black door. I shiver in fear as I recognize the door as the one to Jarek's office. Why are they bringing him/me here? Then Jarek opens the door and looks down at him/me as I realize Phelan/me is about ten years old. Jarek smiles at me/Phelan but I/we don't cower like the people holding my/our hands, I'm assuming there his/Phelan's parents. Instead I/Phelan lift my chin higher and stare into Jarek's twisted black eyes. Jarek smirks as we walk in and he shuts the door. Turning back he grasps my/Phelan's chin but I don't flinch.