Chapter 3: Lucas White Leopard Meets His Match

CHAPTER 3: LUCAS WHITE LEOPARD MEETS HIS MATCH

Riki's POV

I realize Ash has left my side about halfway to the guest quarters but I don't slow down. Fury rolls off of me in waves as three guards follow warily behind me. I raise a hand to push a stray hair from my face and take a deep breath to calm myself down. I cannot just kill him.   I need him. My leopard snarls at that but I ignore it. I stop outside his doors and glare at the two guards that are eyeing me warily and denying me entrance to his rooms. I speak as I feel my claws coming out again and I quickly close my hands into fists.

"Let me in! NOW!" They flinch but stay where they are. I take a step forward as the doors open from the other side. The guards shift to see Lucas standing there and when he speaks I shiver in anticipation as the smell of 'dark temptations' Axe drifts under my nose.

"She won't calm until she sees him. You might as well let her in." The guards shift to the sides uneasily as I walk forward, stopping just in front of him. One white brow lifts as silver eyes met mine.

"You still refer to me as him? Really, Riki?  I'm hurt." His hand reaches forward and I tense in anticipation, fear, and anger, all rolled into one. His fingers stops inches from my skin, his eyes never leaving mine. My claws dig further into my flesh as I clinch my hands into tighter fists. He cannot know that I am pregnant yet. He chuckles and I looked up at him.

"I already know your secret Riki. Come inside and have a talk with Gabriel and I." I blink at him then look past him to Gabriel, who stands deeper inside the room, leaning casually against the wall. Momentarily forgetting him, I hurry over to Gabriel as my wolf howls at me to check him for injuries.

I have always had both beasts but neither of them have ever been this active before. They have always been there, a part of me, but they had never tried to fight with me before. Plus, I thought I could only turn into a leopard, so why is my wolf as active as my leopard now that I'm pregnant?  Blood drips from my clinched fists as I stop in front of Gabriel. My braid swings at my back as I simply stand in front of him and stare up into his eyes.

"Riki....RIKI..." I blink realizing Gabriel had been talking to me and tugging at my clinched fists. I struggle to focus but Lucas walks over at that moment and grasps my other fist. Lightening courses through my body causing my back to bow. I almost fall but they are holding my hands. My body jerks one time, then I can hear again. Both men are screaming my name now.

"RIKI!" My hands unclench as I speak.

"What the hell was that?" I look between Gabriel and him.

"Dammit Riki. You called me Lucas a minute ago. Stop calling me him. Now come sit down so we can look at the wounds on your palm. Then I'll tell you what just happened." Glaring at him I follow them over to a huge black canopy bed. I sit on the bed as he turns and grabs bandages off the nightstand, like a wound that will heal within the hour needs bandages. He whirls to face me, the bandages in his hand and a snarl on his lips as Gabriel kneels by my side. I smirk at him and he growls at me.

"Fine, Lucas. Now quit reading my thoughts. Happy now Lucas, Luke...Luke....Luke." He rolls his eyes as he walks back over to me as Gabriel gently licked my palms, using the healing properties in his tongue that all shifters have to stop the bleeding. I smile softly and lean forward kissing him lightly on the lips. I look at Luke but he says nothing as he kneels down beside Gabe.  One hand goes to wrap the bandages around my hand as the other hand is ruffles his shoulder length white hair. He glances over at Gabriel who smiles softly at him. I growl at the look, uncomfortable with the fact that they have been alone together without me , here, while they were discussing my future. Luke finishes bandaging my hands then tugs at my wrist.