Chapter 7: Fights

CHAPTER 7: FIGHTS

RIKI POV

We lay in bed a tangle of arms and legs and I marvel at the guys and how well they got along. Rolling on my side so that I am facing Lucas and his sexy bed hair I smile.

"How is it the two of you get along so well? I mean no offense but most guys don't just jump into sharing. I figured there would be an adjustment period." Lucas frowns at me and grabbing my upper arms he pushes me on my back and rolls on top of me. He kisses me softly on the lips and rolls off me.

"Go to sleep love." I try to scowl at him but yawn instead. He smiles, knowing he's successfully put me off. I start to protest but decide to get some sleep first. I'm exhausted

......................

I lay on my back afraid to open my eyes. I know immediately I'm not awake because I can feel rocks digging into my back and I can't smell anything. I pray the memory will be easier than the last time.

"This won't be your memory." My eyes fly open and I'm immediately blinded by the sun shining down on me. I blink again to see a face hovering over mine. I blink again to see tawny hair cascading around me as yellow eyes stare into mine. I struggle to speak and have to look at something other than her statuesque face. So I look at her hair covering me from the sun and I see the ringlets in the long tawny strands.   I find if I don't look at her directly I can speak.

"Goddess. I..." She frowns and speaks, not moving from above me. I look at her again and I am struck speechless as I watch her soft red lips form a pout.

"I think I would like a name. One other than goddess. I find it..." She pauses as if searching for the right word but she still isn't looking at me. "...sad." She looks down at me then and something of my awe of her must show on my face because she gasps and jerks upright, backing away from me.

"Oh, dear I'm sorry. I have quite forgotten how awestruck my people get when they see me in my own form and not a copy." She backs up a few feet and I find I can concentrate better. I don't speak as I look at my surroundings. We're in a field of flowers. They are all brightly colored but none of them are dead or wilted. They all stand perfectly straight pointing towards the sun, the wind never blowing. I find it creepy instead of perfect and I look at the goddess as I think on her request of a name.

"How about Tawny?" She tilts her head and looks at me as she clasps her hands behind her back and rocks back and forth on her heels. She purses her lips, considering.

"Like my hair?" I nod and she smiles widely, showing her very sharp canines. I blink and we're not in the field anymore. Instead we're in a house. Their is a desk by the window with a lamp on it and paperwork  is scattered  all over it. Two chairs set in front of the desk and a bookshelf is behind the desk, filled with a variety of books. Certificates align the walls and a small play area for children is in the corner. I peer at one of the certificates and see Lucas's name on them. I look at Tawny as Lucas walks in the room. I start to speak to him but Tawny interrupts me.

.....

"He won't hear you it's like 'A Christmas Carol'. Your just here to observe." I stare at her. I have no idea what a 'carol' is. She blinks at me as the scene in front of us freezes. She steps forward and places her hands on either side of my head. I forget how to breathe a she speaks.

"I'd forgotten about his spell on you. You know nothing about the human world so I'll just catch up up to speed." She leans forward and places her lips over mine.  Information pores into me and after a minute she steps away,  to leave me blinking at her. I push a stray hair out of my face as I speak.