Chapter 16: Testosterone

A/N: I am attempting to write briefly from Luke, Gabe, Kade, and Liam's points of view in this chapter then I'll go back to Riki and/or Ash. I have never attempted a guys point of view before so this should be interesting. Enjoy tell me if you like or not which ever. THANX!!!!! Oh and some of it will be from Riki's POV in the last of the chapter.

CHAPTER 16

TESTOSTERONE

KADE POV: FROM WHEN PHELAN OFFERS A DEAL FOR HIM OR LIAM TO TAKE ASH'S PLACE 

I walk downstairs hoping to get a moment alone with Ash. I don't quite understand how things went south so fast for us. I want her to understand what happened after the first time we had sex. I hadn't been bragging exactly. The way she had looked at me after the second time we'd had sex had hurt something inside me. Then that asshole, Liam had to put his two cents in. Thinking about Liam has me clenching my fists in anger as I sigh and struggle to unclench my fists. I walk down the stairs into the club.

My mind flashes back to the look on Riki's face as she'd kneels over my dying body and I growl softly under my breath. I stop to run a hand through my hair as I search to strobe lighted club for Ash. I'm already heading towards her when I see her grab that girl from earlier and shove her back as Ash says something to someone out of my line of sight. I step closer and see Phelan. I scowl as I walk a little faster and the club falls silent but I'm still not close enough to hear what's being said until Phelan speaks up.

"I'll agree and even agree to wait til your queen has been crowned on ONE condition." I walk up behind Liam and Ash as Phelan says this. He says something else but all I can seem to focus on is Liam's hand on the back of Ash's neck. Something twists in my chest and I struggle to breath as anger floods through me. I want that asshole to suffer like I have. Where does he get off telling her not to see me anymore. Then Phelan speaks again and I freeze.

"No. Liam can if he does what I ask and Kade can I suppose but that's it."

"Why can Kade take my place?" Ash asks as I stiffen. Phelan grins and cuts his eyes toward me.

"Because I know he won't do it. I just want to show you how petty your ex-lover is." 

My eyes narrow as I look away from Liam's hand to Phelan, then it dawns on me what he's talking about as my eyes shift back to Liam and his hand. I could save her and be her hero or I could watch asshole suffer a little. I know my heart is saying to open my mouth and do this for her but my mouth doesn't open as I listen to my head. Keeping my smirk to myself I turn and walk upstairs. I guess Phelan gets some things right after all. I'm halfway across the club and headed to the stairs when I hear Liam speak.

"Lass the reason I need to do this is because yer my mate." My knees almost buckle but I keep walking towards the stairs. Then I hear Ash.

"What? Since when? But...but...I had sex with Kade....and I've known you forever...and you can't hide from your mate. How did you?" My fists clench and I almost roar in anger at the shame in her voice, over having sex with me. I keep walking as Ash says something else then she asks the question I had wanted to ask. Why the hell do the stairs seem so far away.

"But why might they have to kill you?" I make it to the stairs and I struggle to block them out as Liam speaks.

"Because lass my wolf will be crazy to mate with ye after Phelan gets me with my worst fear. And I won't force ye ta do anything. My life isna worth it." I almost laugh at his sincerity and his stupidity. Obviously he has never had to die before if he's willing to suffer for her over something she started in the first place. Then I hear her ask a very interesting question.