Chapter 12: Didn't see that coming Part 1

RECAP FROM CHAPTER 11

The silence in the room is tangible as everyone waits to see what we will do. I set the boy down and screaming like a girl, and in a very un queen like fashion, leap into his arms.

"Daddy!"

CHAPTER 12

DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING PART 1

RIKI POV 

I realize, belatedly, that I may have been a tad over exuberant. Then I look into bright violet eyes and I realize that I don't care. I wrap my arms around his neck and tuck my head into his shoulder to hide my face as tears slide down my cheeks and I speak again.

"Daddy..." I can feel Luke getting angrier and I try to calm down but I can't seem to let him go as he hugs me back. I feel him run a hand down my back, soothing me like he used to when I was little. The dam breaks and tears stream down my face as he mutters in my ear but I just keep saying his name. Then Luke and Gabe are there and we have our own little group hug. Suddenly, Liam screams my name and I smell the sweet copper scent of blood. I pull back from Daddy, who's looking confused as I look down at the cut on my arm that I must have gotten in the fight. I pale as I turn to Liam, knowing what I'm going to find.

Liam and Ash are on the other side of the room pressed into a corner. Liam has Ash shoved into a corner and is struggling to pull the sword out of her hands but to no avail. I look frantically around the room but most of us are covered in blood. I leap away from daddy as I run towards them, my mind frantic, as I speak.

"Get everyone out!" Daddy says something as I reach Ash and Liam. Ash's eyes flash a bright forest green. I ignore Daddy to scream at Luke.

"Do you remember what I told you about Ash when she's mad? Well now is the time. Get out. Liam will tell you what to do." Luke pales and grabs my Daddy by the arm. I nod at Liam as he finally gets her sword out of her hand. He lets Ash go and leaves the room without saying anything else. She stops fighting whenever I hug her but she doesn't stop shaking. I know she's almost to her breaking point. I look around the room and see that we're clear as Ash's eyes fall close. I take a step back giving her space, but refusing to back down as her eyes open. They are now wild with rage and a bright forest green as she steps forward and grasps my arm. I don't move as she lifts my bloody arm to her face and inhales. She speaks one word before she licks the wound and heals the cut.

"Death." My eyes follow her as she lets go of my arm and places me behind her. She looks around the room and sees no one so she looks back at me.

"Where?" I look into her eyes searching for Ash and find only a warrior, only death. I sigh and bite my lip. I know she won't come back til she looks. I raise an arm and point through the door at the back that everyone had went through. 

"There Ashie." She nods and walks across the room keeping me at her back by pulling on my hand. I just hope I gave everyone enough time. Ash opens the doors and walks down a hallway with doors on either side. She doesn't pause as she steps into a large room filled with showers on the right. She halts in the doorway when she sees at least twenty people inside the room. I meet Gabe and Luke's eyes but don't say anything. She snarls when she realizes they have all taken a shower.

She looks back to me as a man walks in behind us. He holds a sword in his hand and he hasn't taken a shower to wash off the blood. He thinks he's going to challenge her. Idiot. Her eyes flash and then she's between him and I before the anyone can step between her and the man. Her hand is at his throat as she snarls at him and lifts him off the ground, even though he is a foot taller than her. She speaks as he drops his weapon to the ground.