Chapter 5: Dream Sharing: Warning Adult Situation in this Chapter

CHAPTER 5

DREAMSHARING

RIKI POV

I open my eyes to the sun shining on my face but I know instantly that it isn't real. I looked down and see I am wearing a white cami and a long white skirt. I lift my nose and scent the air but I already know I won't smell anything because the sun is shining and I can't feel the heat of it. I look around and see a large weeping willow tree with a small boy underneath its limbs and I smile widely. Of course my dreams took me here, on this day.

"Our dreams." I look over and see Lucas and Gabriel are standing beside me. They both wear loose fitting white pants and no shirts. I smile wider and just look at them a minute. MINE! On that my wolf, my leopard, and I are in agreement. They are ours and no one else's. Gabriel chuckles and I blush then turn my eyes back to the weeping willow tree as Gabriel wraps his arms around me from behind and Lucas steps so he is directly beside us.

...........

Then we all look at the small boy who sits in the dirt underneath the weeping willow tree and weeping quietly to himself. He sits with his shoulders hunched and his arms wrapped around his knees as he rocks back and forth. He jerks when he feels arms wrap around him and hug him tightly to them. He twists and looks behind him to see a small girl about five with brown hair in pigtails. He'd been about to snap at her to let him go until he saw her face. You can tell by the look in his eyes that he feels...something...even then. He pushes his onyx black hair out of his face and turns around so he is facing her as he quickly wipes the tears away.

"Why did you hug me?" The girl raises a brow and tilts her head as if to say 'duh'.

"Cause you were sad. Da told me that you lost your ma and Da. I knew I'd be sad too if I lost my mommy and Da and would want someone to hug me so..." The boy eyes her curiously as she hesitates.

"So..." She purses her lips and leans forward, kissing him innocently on the lips. Then she leans back as he stares at her.

"...I kiss you and make it better. Kinda like a boo-boo, ya know?" The boy smiles, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes, as he sticks out his hand.

"Gabriel Black Wolf, Milady." She giggles as she places her hand in his and he kisses it softly. He looks up at her as she speaks.

"Princess Realtin Yellow Leopard but you can call me Riki. And I'd like to be your friend Gabe." This time the smile does reach his eyes.

................

The scene shifts to another time and place as Lucas, Gabriel, and I watch on. It is a circular room with a queen sized bed in one corner and a lone chair sitting in front of a fireplace. I haven't been able to recall all of my memories from the past due to Jarek's spell and a lot of them won't return unless something triggers the memory. So at first I don't remember the room in front of me as I watch comfortably from Gabriel's arms but then my eyes see the leopard print bedspread and I remember my face being shoved...I quickly slam a shield down so they can't hear my thoughts as I twist out of Gabriel's arms, my heart in my throat. They start to speak but I shake my head as my eyes go back to the scene in front of me. I just wish that this memory could have stayed buried.

............

A younger Jarek opens the door to the room dragging a girl behind him. As soon as he shuts the door he twists the girl's arm and shoves her onto the bed. Her violet eyes widen but she doesn't say anything as he stalks closer to her. Neither of them speak as he runs his hand down the side of her face but the girl flinches as he smirks.

"I need three drops of your blood Princess and I'll be able to get rid of your father for good." The girl was small, maybe ten, but it didn't stop her from standing her ground.