07

She slumped onto the couch with a groan of pain. Yoongi walked up to her with a sigh and put a mug of hot tea on the coffee table for her.

"I told you, you shouldn't have finished it all." He shook his head with crossed arms clicking his tongue.

"But it was so good! I couldn't let it go to waste and leftovers just don't taste as good anymore!" She whined, flopping an arm over her eyes. "But yeah you're right." She sulked before getting up and reaching for her tea. "Thank you for this." She softly said while blowing at the steam.

He made his way around the table and sat down on the couch next to her, coffee mug in hand sipping at it. He propped his foot up on his knee and stared at the home slippers she leant him. They were blue and had a little poodle stitching on it that reminded him of Holly his dog.

"I bought those cause they looked like Holly." She pointed at the slippers as if reading his mind. "See." She smiled up at him. "You are my bias." She chuckled now unashamed of it, sipping at her tea.

This made him smile widely, he had to bite his lip from smiling too much which he definitely was doing a lot of lately. This girl made him feel things he never had before.

"Hey Hana, can I ask you something?"

She replied with a hum, glancing at him from her mug. He placed his mug down and turned towards her, leaning against his arm that rested on the head of the couch giving her his undivided attention.

"If I wasn't in BTS, would you have still liked me?" He asked honestly taking her aback. To his surprised she nodded immediately without a second thought.

"Of course. I mean—" she thought for a moment to see how she could word this right. "The fact that big hit gave us a window to see how all of you behave as your normal selves really helped but if I could start over and find that out myself from just hanging out with you, I think I'd still like you." She answered back honestly.

He really wasn't expecting that answer. It was an answer Namjoon would have probably said. It made his heart swell at the fact that even if he wasn't famous that she'd still want to get to know him.

"Thank you, that's honestly one of the nicest things anyone's ever said." He said softly. She just smiled at him gently now facing him and giving him her undivided attention. It was hard for him to believe anyone would treat him normally without being blinded by the fame and popularity.

She shrugged before smiling at him genuinely, "I mean, looking at you in my oversized sweats and shirt and doing ordinary things I actually somehow forgot you were a worldwide superstar." She chuckled, her nose scrunching up cutely.

"That honestly makes me happy, thanks Hana. You have no idea the amount of fear and stress we go through when we get swarmed by people all the time. Like I'm grateful for our fans for making our dreams come true and stay alive but sometimes, it does get to us." He sighed sadly. He recalled the numerous times they were stalked by sasaeng fans who would literally bang on their old dorm door to let them in or even booked out the seats next to them in a flight to sneak photos of them. It made him thoroughly uncomfortable that they couldn't even have a break outside of filming.

"Everyone has their own worries and problems, and all of them are valid no matter who you are." She speaks, sounding wise like Namjoon again. He would listen intently to her voice, how clear and calming it sounded to him. "I myself go through my own problems and sometimes I over react and think it's the end of the world yet my parents remind me that there are people worse out there than me." She smiled sadly, looking elsewhere, "but that doesn't mean my problems were not valid to me. I struggled with my last boss. He was charged with so many allegations of underpaying staff and even sexual assault with some female employees."

Yoongi stiffened at the mention of that, worry building up inside him watching her expression carefully.

"Don't worry, I wasn't one of them." She assured and he visibly breathed out a relieved sigh, relaxing himself and unclenching his fist. "However my colleague was a victim and I couldn't stand watching him get away with it so I left. My colleague ended up going to the police and put him in jail finally, but It took everything in her to do that and I really commend her for it." She fiddled with the mug in her hands looking down. "I'm not sure if id be strong enough like her, I just ended up running away from it."

"You're wrong." Yoongi voiced out. "You are strong. Strong for enduring that company with a retched asshole of a boss and being able to force yourself out of a frightening situation. I understand you're comparing your actions with your colleague but as you said before. Everyone has their own problems and all of them are valid." He spoke with resolve, taking her hand in his making her look up at him in surprise.

"Hana, I'm glad you weren't a victim to that man because sadly, people like that who use their power in position to take advantage of others are sometimes never surfaced and continue to hurt innocent people." He held her hand tightly. "To some people damage is temporary but to others, it's permanent." He bit his lip unable to shake the thoughts out of his head. "I'm so glad you're safe." He breathed out, now looking into her eyes deeply with so much emotions running through them.

She felt a tear roll down her cheek that surprised her as she quickly tried to wipe it away, apologizing profusely.

"Sorry I don't know what's wrong with me." She laughed nervously, now wiping more tears that appeared that wouldn't stop.

On instinct, Yoongi reached for her mug in her hand and placed it on the table before leaning in to cup her cheek making her stop moving. She stared at him while tears kept rolling down as he brushed his thumb gently wiping a tear away.

Their hearts thumped loudly in their chests again, but this time Yoongi didn't back away, instead he leaned in and claimed her lips with his. A soft gentle kiss as they both closed their eyes upon the impact. The feeling of completeness filling their hearts and souls. As he pulled away slowly, he could feel her eyelashes flutter against his cheeks, the saltiness of her tears lingering with the sweetness of her lips.

"Do you think that maybe—"

"—Yeah." He cut her off with another kiss, this time more full and passionate as he leaned in. Her back hit the sofa as he towered over her, one arm supporting his weight while the other cupped her cheek. Everything felt right in that moment, as if their hearts had been searching one another to be whole again. She slid her arms around his neck, pulling him closer, deepening the kiss before he parted again, both of them breathing heavily, trying to catch their breaths as their hearts beat fast.

"I have a feeling we were brought together because we're soulmates."

A/N: ding ding ding! Congrats to those who guessed this was a soulmate story because it is. Hahaha, hope you're enjoying it! It's a nice pleasant quick story break from my heavy Mafia AU 😅 I feel like because my other story requires me to use a lot of my brain power to write such a complex story, while this ones nice and fluffy for me to enjoy.

Thank you for all the support ! Hope you keep enjoying this story! 💜