Chapter 18

My mom slides her fingers threw my long soft brown hair. She hums our song. She would out of the blue say 'I love yous' I would say I love her too. To the moon an back. The best time in our day would be in the afternoon when I was out of school and she would be home cooking my favorite. But the best would be that my dad wasn't home until later. We spend the whole day eating sweets going to the park and eating ice cream. We then returned home. I took a bath said goodnight and went to sleep in my small Princess bed.

"Zac!" I'm awaken from my sleep by the yells of my mother she was desperate. I jump out of the bed and slowly open my door and peek outside. I see that my dad has on the floor picking up some food that fell. She continues to pick it up while my dad looks happy. He kicks her in the stomach hard. My dad just laughs hysterically. My mom on the floor crying holding her stomach. I'm about to open the door when she see me she shakes her head saying no ,just then my dad kicks her again and again. My mom start to cough blood. My dad simply laughs. Not being able to take it anymore I run at my room and to my mom's side.

"Mommy." I cry. I look up and glare at my dad. "You did this. Look at her. Help. Help her!" I yell at him.

"You brat don't yell at me." He back hands me.

I fall to the floor and feel blood in the back of my throat. I ignore the pain and get up and run to him kicking, scratching and punching. He struggles to get a good grip on me but when he finally does he shakes me hard.

"Stop." My mom sobs.

He does but only for a second. He grabs something from the table jerks forward. I feel something trailing down my arm.

I feel the pain suddenly. I scream and scream again. Right below my shoulder this a cut a few inches long blood flowing like a river down my arm. Blood drips to the floor. My dad drops the knife and walks out the out the house. I hug my injured shoulder rocking back and forth. My mom tries her best to get up and hugs me. We both stay there hugging each giving each other strength to go on. Because that was the first time I ever got a scar.
**********
The sound of a door breaking and baby yells wakes me up. I blink a few times to get my vision back. Amelia is wailing. Her eyes are shut tight with tears streaming down her red face. A loud bang makes Amelia cry louder.

I turn towards the door I'm shock as to what I see.

Aiden is standing there hands in fist at his side. He's breathing heavily. Shoulders arch back. His hair in a mess. Long gone it seems he lost his jacket and tie.

The door is in pieces, Aiden is standing on some pieces. I sit up correctly and pick up Amelia cooing her back to silence.

"What are you doing here! Are you insane!" I ask now that I got Amelia to calm down. I guess one of my nightmare woke her up.

"What am I doing here? I was outside the your door when I heard you yelling. I thought someone was in there hurting you. I knocked and knocked. Amelia started crying. And you wouldn't answer the damn door. So I had to break it down. Now you better tell me what the fuck was going on." Aiden is shaking but his face is covered in worry. I looked down at Amelia she is now still and quiet. "I'm sorry." I kiss her forehead. Her eyes are watery and she's hiccupping. She's a little shaken up but other than that she's fine.

"I had a nightmare." I tell Aiden.

"Of course you did but what about? I heard you pleads, your screams fill with pain. Now please tell me." Aiden insists. Walking further into the room he sits on the edge of the bed.

I sigh. "Aiden I don't really feel well. Can we talk about this tomorrow. I just want to sleep."

"It's already tomorrow." I look at the clock on my nightstand. Its three in the morning. OK.