Chapter 37

I get back to the mansion by lunch time. I walk into the dinning room to find everyone getting ready to eat.

Just on time.

"How'd it go?" Aiden ask after spotting me enter. He has Amelia planted on his hip.

I tickle her under the chin. She giggles.

"Good, I guess." I sigh.

Aiden simply nods. "Well come on let's go eat."

I nod suddenly hungry. I notice that Gabriel is still here.

I give him a small wave. He waves back.

Aiden being the gentleman he is pulls out my chair. I smile up at him.

"Thank you."

He leans down and kisses my cheek.

Aiden sits Amelia on the high chair beside him.

"So... The wedding is in a few days that means we have to get everything ready. I don't mean to rush but the day will be here before we know it." Mrs. Knight's exclaims.

I nod while taking a spoon of food in my mouth.

"Aiden, honey, have you gone to find a tux?" Mrs. Knight asks in an innocent voice.

Aiden freezes at his mom words. "No." Aiden answers reluctantly.

"Hmm... Well I suppose you should getting looking don't you think?" Mrs. Knight tells Aiden as if he were a little kid.

I bite back a smile.

"Yes. Of course." Aiden agrees.

"Well then get to it. Lisa and her mother and I will get the dress,among other things we still need."

I nod. Amelia nods too. I laugh.

"Oh and of course Amelia can't forget her." Mrs. Knight adds.

Amelia nods yet again.
We all laugh.

The rest of the lunch we finish in silence only with Amelia making gurgling noises.

******

The days to the wedding were being counted down, with each day came something to do.

There were flowers that had to be delivered, and food to be picked, my bouquet was chosen. The arrangements are being finish for the wedding.

Everything was being sent to the estate where the ceremony will be held.

However, since the day of my engagement party my mom no longer comes over to the mansion and Gabriel , who has stayed in the mansion, would some days he would disappear for a whole day.

I wouldn't really notice until I saw him enter the mansion by dinner time with a small smile always planted on his face. I guess he would go out and enjoy Dallas

Yet, all of this things seem less important when a gift would always make it's self present was, a rose.

A single white rose would be situated at the front door.
Everyday it would be resting in the same place it was yesterday.

At first I thought it was Aiden who would leave the rose, but when I would see him he seem to have no idea what I was talking about.

For the next few days I would wait for the rose to see if it would be there and it would be right there, same place.

Fear slowly began to make it's way into me. I had an idea of who it could be but kept it to myself.

Aiden would take notice of my behavior but he didn't ask or push. I guess he knew not to push my limits and that I would eventually tell.

And I would.

With each passing day it was as if I would meet a new part of him. He was sweet, considerate, funny and overall loving.

When I'd wake up and not find him beside me, I'd find a note with goodmorning always.

As the days neared for the wedding things became more hectic. My dress came 2 days in advance and Aiden was determined to take a look at it, Mrs. Knight however didn't allow it.

That day I went to visit my mom. I notice how she had change, there was a new sparkle in her eye. A smile that would light the whole city up, I think she was really excited for the wedding.

I didn't tell her about the roses either because I didn't want to spoil this moment.

Amelia was starting to walk more on her own. Aiden and I would some times just go out, only the three of us. I enjoyed those moments.

Today was the day before my wedding and to be honest I wasn't really nervous on the contrary I was excited. I had pushes away any problem and focus on my special day.

We had made plans that we would go to the ranch that the knights owned and spend a day there and be ready for the next day.

"Lisa are you ready?" Aiden asks.

"Almost." I yell back at him from the bathroom. I was getting ready for the ride we were going to make.

I open the door to the bathroom, "Ready." I grab my bag and head out.

Aiden had already pack the bags in the car all we need was to get this show on the rode.

Amelia was busy drinking from her sippy cup to take much of notice.

"Is everyone ready?" I ask Aiden as we head out the house.

"Lisa, baby, everyone had already left. My dad already went to pick up your mom."

I blush, I guess I took longer than expected.

We make our way to the car. Amelia is seated in her car seat, way to busy munching on her food.

"So where is the ranch?" I ask Aiden as we make our way on the highway.

"It's close to the town called Azle, have you been there before?"

"No."

"Well, you'll love it."

I simply nod.

We begin this hour and half trip.

******

I had fallen asleep for a few minutes.

I glance back over my shoulder to check on Amelia, she was sound asleep alittle drool coming out I laugh.

I sit up correctly. "Hey." I greet Aiden.

"Hey. We're almost there." Aiden informs me.

It was barely early afternoon.

"How do you feel?" I ask Aiden.
Curious as to what he feels. We are taking a big step here.

"Great. Alittle nervous." He chuckles. I laugh, too.

I'm feeling the exact same way.

Aiden takes a hold of my hand, brings it up his lips and kisses it.

I sigh.

"We are almost here." Aiden says against my hand.

"Okay. Is it big?" I curiously ask.

"Oh yeah."

I laugh.

Aiden goes on an off road. A bit bumpy, I take a hold of a handle and grab it tightly. Amelia, who has now woken up from her nap is having a fit of giggles. Her arms are up in the air swinging from side to side.

Aiden and I laugh at her.

Aiden suddenly stops infront of a close gate. "We are here."

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hey y'all it's been awhile, yes. Well I'm here now and I hope you like this update. It's kinda just a small stepping stone for the real chapters to come.

Hoep you like it and don't forget to vote and comment it means alot to me. Until next time.

-love, Lastinlove❤