Chapter 24

(Edited)

My dad didn't come home that day or the next something I was grateful for. Even through He wasn't here I was scared to even get out of my rrom. My mom insisted that we were safe but I counldn't relax. My mom even went out on her way to make me a birthday cake.

That got me out of the room. We sat in silence eating our chocolate cake and watching another princess movie. Sleeping Beauty. I cuddled with my mom. My tears long gone replace with smiles brought by my mother.

After the episode with my dad we never celebrated my birthday with  my dad here. We would always wait until he left, from then my mom would make me a small cake and we would watch movies. I enjoyed those moments when it was just my mom and I but with every daydream comes a nightmare.

My dad.

******

Aiden cups my face in his smooth hands. With his thumbs he wipes away my tears.

" Would you like if we throw a party for your birthday?" Aiden asks after I tears stop.

I let out a small laugh. As if I'm crying because I want a party. I shake my head.

"What is it then?"

I open my mouth to say something, but shut it quickly. How the heck am I going to come out and tell him my life story. I don't even know him well enough. I can't just come out and tell him. So I duck my head and turn the other way.

I feel like he could judge me. Not care enough to know everything. He was lucky enough to be raise in his family.

"Nothing." I mutter. I try to sit up but his arm wrap around me tighten.

"No tell me." He insists.

"Nothing guess it's just getting to me." I shrug.

He grins. "You want a birthday party? I can throw you one."
I blink, surprise at his suggestion.

"Umm...you don't have to do that." I shake my head in rejection.

In return he shake his head.

Smiling like if he has an idea already planned out for me.

"Yes. We can use that as well as our engagement party. Come on. Your going to have to meet people I know. And then everyone will also meet Amelia. When your birthday?" He's smiling at each of his suggestions.

I scrunch my face in disagreement.

"December 20. Are you sure you would like for me to meet all of your friend. What will they think. You are marrying a soon to be twenty year old and I have no education higher than high school. They will think I'm nothing but a gold digger." I sigh.
He shakes his head. "No they won't because you don't look like one. Okay. So we are having a party and I'll call my mom to tell her." He states.

He lifts me up setting me on the passenger seat. Aiden gets out and walks to the backs seats opening the door to get Amelia.

She's asleep when he gets her out. He cuddles her to his side. Kissing her face. I too get out the car and walk inside.

Aiden unlocks the door and ushers in. I stare at the house suspiciously. It's too quite and dark. I'm pretty use I left a few lamps on. I unconsciously walk closer to Aiden. Peeking over his shoulder.

"Aiden." I whisper. I notice how tense he his.

"Something isn't right." He whisper back. He turns to face me handing me Amelia. He cups me cheek.