Chapter 15

I furiously wipe my tears. I look everywhere, trying not to look into Aiden hard gray eyes.

"I just got scared. I get frightened easily." I explain.

"Really and your reaction is to flinch and cry?" His voice hard. Fury hides behind his gray eyes.

The sound of Amelia clapping captures our attention. I look at Aiden's face clearly saying later.

Lord.

I nod. Thinking of a way to make him forget.

"Well, now that we are done get your things we're going to our house." Aiden gets ups and takes Amelia. I gather our things and head out the door after. We leave my small former home to go live in a mansion.

The ride to Aiden's house is long and quiet. Amelia giggling in the back seat Aiden bought her. I have no idea when. We stop at the gates of the mansion. I stay quiet not really knowing what to do.

Aiden stops the car and we get out.

"Lisa, I have some work to do. I'll be in my office. And if you need anything just feel at home, okay?" Aiden tells me as soon as we enter his house.

I simply nod. Soon he leans close to us. I stand still, holding Amelia tightly to my chest. I control my breathing.
Come on Lisa, you have practiced many times. Act natural.

He simply kisses Amelia's forehead.

He then looks at me eyeballing me weirdly. Like if trying to figure me out.
You won't. A voice whisper in my head. No one can know about my past.

He turns and locks himself in his office.

Okay. You're okay.

"Well, let's go to our room." I talk to Amelia.

I open our room door, I stay standing for who knows how long. Staring, at the room.
Why does Aiden want us to live here?

I lay Amelia on the bed. I stop and think. Who knows why he wants us here but if we stay I will need to get a crib for Amelia.

Why, why. The question runs in my head. Wondering, why he would ever want us to be here. Together.

For whatever the reason is I need to find out. Make sure no harm comes our way. I can't risk anything. Every move I make not only will affect me and my mom but also the baby. I can't risk it.

I don't know what to do. I'm so lost and confused.
I will protect you. I vow to Amelia.

"Okay, sweetheart. If you're going to stay with me you'll need a bed. So let's go and tell Aiden." I take Amelia and we head to Aiden's office. Right we get there we heard voices. I thought he didn't have any employees. Curiosity gets the best of me. I walk slowly and quietly stand behind the door. Discreetly I peek over the door. Aiden stands stiff behind his desk. A man oddly familiar stands in front of him. His back towards me.

"So you found someone, really? How long has this been going now then?" The man asks sounding skeptical.

Mr. Knight Sr.

"Yes, is it that hard to believe? You told me to do so now I did. Happy? I was simply waiting for the right time." Aiden answers through clenched teeth.

"Extremely, please."

"Great, now that you have gotten what you wanted you can leave." The man suddenly turns. Aiden's does not sound happy.

Suddenly Mr. Knight walk towards the door.I quickly hide. I cover Amelia's mouth with my hand. I'm panting.

"But I want to meet my future daughter in law." Mr. Knight says.