Chapter 5

Dangit. I'm running late.

I run to the bus stop and clumsily get on. Locks of hair fall in my face making me trip climbing up the steps.

I feel the eyes of the people in the bus on me, I blush. Regaining my balance, I stand up looking for a seat. Just as I found one the bus starts to move.

The ride from my home to Mr. Knight’s house is a bit of a long one.  So as soon as I can I run off the bus and up to the house.

I enter the house quickly. Slowly and quietly as possible close the front door.

"Goodmorning, Miss." A voice frightens me making me turn quickly and face a shirtless Mr. Knight. I gasp looking everywhere but him it's hard though when he's only wearing pajama pants hangings loose on his hips. I try really hard to not look but its hard when you have a Greek god standing in front of me.

He has a well formed 6 pack and his v-lines well defined. I decided then to look at his forehead. That means I have to tilt my head back allowing me to look at his forehead but making my bangs fall into my eyes.

"Morning, sir." I greet him.

"It appears that my dad did hire you for my benefit. So you will work for me, and let's see how long you last." With that he climbs up the stairs into his room but before he enters he calls out. "Please make breakfast. I'm leaving in for work, there is a list on the counter of the meals I eat all the stuff are in the fridge. Get to it."

He now enters his room.

I speed walk to the kitchen. I look at the list of foods Mr. Knight eats. It doesn't seem alike a hard task. I've worked at many restaurants so it doesn't seem too difficult to make.

I wash my hand and begin to make breakfast.

*******

I finish making breakfast by the time that Mr. Knight walks down for it. I had alright set dining room. It like the rest of the house was magnificent. It had a long dark wooden table, it's beautiful.
I set his plate in front of him. Waiting for so more instructions.

"Anything else? " I ask after a while of silence.

He takes a piece of food and eats it slowly I watch in fascination as his mouth moves in slow circular motions. He then takes a sip of his drink.

"What is in it?" I start to panic at his questions."You don't like it?"

"No, it's not that. It's just that is has a different good taste. "

"Ah, I put all the fruits in orange juice to get another taste." I sigh.

"It's good. "He stands and gathers his things. "I'm leaving, and I hope that you do what I've asked and see if you last this job. Goodbye Miss Grey."

"Goodbye." Huh, and here I thought he didn't know my name.

I grab the list he left on the dining table of chores he request.

Really. I think of all he wants me to do is kill myself in the process. But I need the job so be it.

Miss Grey,
I ask of you to do all these chores and I hope by the end of the day it is all completed when I come home. I will want the house to be spotless. I hope you do your job.
• clean the pool, the machine is in the shed by the pool
• clean every room in the house
•buy more food (sweets cookies brownies etc.
•clean the floors with special  products in cabinets
•have dinner made

            -Mr. Knight

It's a short list but what he's asking me to do for the pool to be cleaned, really? I walk to the back of the house and go to the backyard.

This is no backyard. Wow.

With a huge area of space there lays a big pool in the center with a gazebo sitting at the back of the yard and a shed miles away. A fireplace is near the pool and there is still room for other things. Shaking my head I walk to the shed.

I look for the small cleaning machine thingy. The shed is packed with different stuff.

Ah. Here it is.

I give a small victory dance once I find the evil machine. I get near the machine when something catches my eye. It's a small hot pink cloth. I squat to pick it up with my thumb and index finger. I bring it closer to get a closer look. It looks like an...an underwear. I scream and drop it. Wiping my hands on my jean with disgust.

Ewww. Ewww.

Mr. Knight had sex with someone in his shed. Wow.

Forgetting about the underwear I drag the machine outside. Just as I'm about to take it outside it gets stuck just as I'm yanking it. I feel the wind knock out of me, and the ground next to my cheek.

"Ouch. " I mumble.

I lift my face off the ground. I have mud all over my face. Great I get up and clean it with my shirt. I yank the evil machine and drag it to the pool.
I hate you.  I think to the machine.

********

It's about to be ten and Mr. Knight has yet to come home.  I spend the whole day cleaning and shopping for goodies it was hard not knowing what exactly he wanted.

I went quickly to get  the junk food and goodies section I was close to just shoving everything I found good. I also bought ingredients so that I could make baked good that my mom taught me.

I'm debating of leaving the food in the oven so he can re cook it when he comes home.  Just as I'm about to gather my things the front door opens.

"Ah, good evening Miss Grey. Are you leaving, couldn't handle it." Mr. Knight says.

I scoff "No, I finished I just didn't think you would come so I left your dinner in the oven and I was leaving. Good night, sir. " I start to walk when his voice stops me.

"You're officially hired."

"But you didn't even check to see if I actually did the work."

His silver-gray eyes held a mischievous glimpse.

"I have my ways."

Confused I say my goodbyes and leave.

1/5/19