Chapter 45

Aiden didn't remove his eyes from my scars. I half expect for him to jump off the bed, to be disgusted with me.

He didn't, however.

I wipe my face with the back of my hand waiting for him to say something. Anything.

"How." One word yet a million questions.

I look up and through my watery haze I see his face. His face was set in cold stone.

A cry escapes me before I can say something, "Not all parents love their kids." A sarcastic laugh comes out unexpectedly.

I trail a finger down my scar by my shoulder, "This is my first scar." I touch the scar for a long time, almost as if-if I touch it long enough it just may disappear. I sigh.

"My dad gave it to mean when I was much younger. He was upset, as always, and he got the knife and swipe." I made a hand motion with my thumb on ny shoulder. "He walked off leaving my beaten mother on the ground and I was bleeding. Never once looking back"

"Why?" Aiden continues to only give me one word.

"My dad was an alcoholic. He's always been like this." I shrug my shoulders. Til now I don't know why he was the way he was.

"You were abused?" He asks quietly.

"For years. Me and my mom were at his mercy. We defenceless against his warth."

"Y'all never the police about him?" He asks not understanding why we didn't turn him in.

"My dad was a man of resources. He knew anything, nothing ever passed him. He's always been this way since I can remember. He was a man filled with hatred and anger towards us. To the world he was a hard working man providing for his wife and young daughter but once the door close that man did not exist." I explain to Aiden.

"Why did he do this to y'all."

I shake my head, lifting my hands before dropping them. "No idea, he just hated us so much. He would say that I wasn't his. I mean I didn't look like him at all. For that I'm grateful."

The knot in my throat loosen alittle. Maybe talking about it with someone other than my mother helped. Aiden didn't evaluate me nor did he judge he just listen and that means to much to me.

Aiden moves to be beside me. He wraps an arm around ny shoulders and we both lean back on the bed. My head rests on his shoulder while I continue to tell him about my dad. He was being supportive and understanding. New tears begin to form in my eyes.

"Why didn't your mom tell someone, anyone? Didn't you resent her at one point." Aiden asks frustrated, trying to understand as to why my mom never said anything.

I rub my face in his shoulder feeling comfort come from his warmth. "We weren't allow to leave the house. He took control of everything. The car, housekeys, food and our clothes. We were prisoners in our own home. My mom has been the most important thing in my world. I know she blames her self all the time but I don't. I love her. She couldn't even look me in the eyes after he left. I know she hated herself but I couldn't because she was the one person who loved me instead of abandon me or hate me to. I turn out the person I am because she was there helping cope with everything. I know some may think I should resent her, hate her even but I can't because she too was a victim."

Aiden's arms tighten around. I look down to see his hand in a fist.

"Did you know I didn't get to go to a park til almost I was 6 or 7. We didn't have phones or a radio just a t.v. but he was the one who normally used it." I inform him.

"We didn't have anyone, my mom lost her family and she didn't have any friends. He would never leave long for us to run away. You may not understand but at first he was normal. I have a faint memory of how he once kissed my forehead for the first and last time." I tear leaks from the corner of my eye.

I sniff alittle before going on, "My mom knew we couldn't go any where because we didn't have anywhere to go. She figured that it didn't matter that he drank just as long there was food in my stomach and a roof over my head. My mom would always put me before her needs. For that I will never resent her but love her."

"I'm so sorry." Aiden crys into my hair.

"My mom would take the bad end of this but once it wasn't enough for him he moved on to me. He took out his worst out on me. He always made my scars visible while my mom's were always hidden. Zac, that's his name, would always mark her where no one would see easily."

"I'm so, so sorry." A choke sob left Aiden. I lift my head and rest my chin on his chest.

"Don't be. I think of it from the good side. If this didn't happen to me then I wouldn't be the person I am now."

Aiden buries his face in my hair. His hand runs down my side landing on the underside of my breast, the tip of his finger on my scar. I don't even flinch.

He sniffs a few times before speaking. "How'd you get this?"

"I was alittle but older when I got this one. My dad wouldn't allow us to go out and not be home with a cooked meal but one day we just like we would do. We went out and went to the park. My mom brought cupcakes along. It was a great morning. Anyways we spend the morning there. Zac wouldn't be home until later, however that day it didn't happen. When we got there he was already waiting." I take a deep breathe before going on. "Didn't go well for us. He was hurting my mom and I couldn't allow him to her hurt her so I went to help her but he was so furious, enrage. A monster. He grab knife and without hesitating cut me."

We are both crying right now. "He told me no one would love me. I guess it was a branding. Who would want someone with a scar that hideous? He knew no one would ever want, that would have been my punishment that I carry for my whole life."

Aiden gently gets up bring me with him. He buries his fingers in my hair, "Don't ever say that do you understand me. There are many people that love. Your scar don't define you, you define yourself mt your actions and words not the actions of that fucking bastard. Okay?"

I nod.

"Guess what?"

"What?" I whisper.

"I love you."

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Suprise, I'm back. Sorry I didn't update as soon as possible but I was having a bit of a writers block. I wanted this chapter to be more so I spent alittle bit more time on this. I did see y'alls comments about updating. Thank you that means a lot that y'all were eager for an update.

Anyways I hope y'all enjoy it. Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you so much. I love y'all 😙😙. Lol. Until next time.

-love, Lastinlove❤