Chapter 36

I slept Amelia before going that way she won't be a trouble later on. Aiden was down stairs talking to his dad.

I walk down the stairs, about to tell Aiden I'm leaving when Gabriel steps infront of me out of the nowhere.

"Lisa." He says.

"Gabriel." I too say his name.

"How are you?"Gabriel asks almost hesitantly. He seems nervous, the tone of his voice quivering alittle.

"Good." I gave him a small smile.

"Good," He clears his throat. "Are you going to see your mom?"

"Yes. I was just going to tell Aiden I'm leaving."

"Oh well have fun." Gabriel say then as if an after thoughts tells me. "Tell your mom I said hi."

Strange, my mom barely even acknowledge him.

"Sure." I say goodbye and walk towards Mr. Knights office, just as I'm about to the door open.

"Are you leaving already?" Aiden asks as he come towards me.

"Yes. I'll see you later." Alittle awkward on what to do and with Gabriel and Mr. Knight I don't lean in to kiss Aiden. However, Aiden is not having any of that. He wraps an arm around my waist and kisses me hard.

I break away from him and duck my head preventing Mr. Knight and Gabriel from seeing my blushing face.

"Take care and call me when your done, okay?" With one last peck on my cheek I bid my goodbyes.

I get in the small red fiat Mrs. Knight has let me use. I exit the gated home and made my way to my mom's job.

I spent the ride thinking of how to tell my mom about Zac but I can't find a why. She's seem so peaceful now and I don't want to take that away from her.

I park the small car, making my way to the small dinner.

The bells rings making it seem loud than it truly is in the almost vacant dinner. I spot my mom bring coffee to a man sitting in the dar.

I give her a small wave which is acknowledge with a nod and a smile. I take a sit in a booth.

I stay still watching outside the window as people pass by without a care in the world or at least that's what it seems but looks are deceiving.

The laby walking with a small child could be lying about her happiness or the man with his dog could be living in misery.

Nothing is ever as it seems.

Fear is clawing at my throat. Zac is back and could be walking without a care is the world he could care less of the pain and misery he caused us.

Tears begin to form in my eyes.

I'm scared so scared. He knows where I live and that's all he needs.

He'll find the people who I've grown to love.

He'll ruin everything. Just merely touching something will turn into ashes.

I let my head fall in to my hands.

Why. Why could he just stay away.

I hand lands on my should startling me.

I blink away the tear in order to get a better look at my mom.

Worry lines land upon her forehead. She takes a seat in the booth.

"What's going on."

I could blame it on the stress, but I know its the fear and uncertainty that make me blunt on the following.