Chapter 11

Now back home with Amelia. We spent the rest of the day being lazy.  And the next, and the following. We would go to the park and spend the day watching Disney movies. I’ no longer receiving calls from Mr. Knight maybe he finally understood.  When Monday rolls around Claire comes back, and we decide to go to the mall to buy Christmas gifts. I put Amelia in the car that Mrs. Richard allowed us to use.

Arriving at the mall we immediately go to children toys store.

I take Amelia to the stuff animal section,  knowing that she has a lot but it's the only thing that she can handle. We spend a few more hours looking around before we leave I make a stop at one of the jewelry stores.

My mom needs a gift. I think to myself.

I've never given her much of anything and her, on the other hand, works hard to give me a present.

I look around to see if I could afford anything. With what I have saved it seems I can afford something.

A locket. My mom has always wanted one. I go to the necklace section and start looking.

I found the perfect one. A gold color heart shape locket. I call for an assistant.

"Hi, may I look at this necklace," I ask the young woman.  She takes it out and I know my mom will love. It's exactly her style.  Vintage and classy. I love it.

I ask how much it costs. I can afford it.

I feel so happy, I can't wait to see her face when I give this to her. I have always tried to buy her something nice but I couldn't.  Now that I can. I feel my eyes start to water.

"Are you okay?" Someone asked from behind me. Looking back at me is the same man from the park and the picture my mom has. I never got around to asking her but I should. He keeps popping up everywhere. I move slightly away.

"Hey, it's you. Nice to see you again. Are you Christmas shopping." He asks casually as if we were long-time friends. We aren't.

"Yes." I really want to get away from him. I start to move away. "It was nice seeing. Now I have to go, have a Merry Christmas." I move the stroller but I stop when I see someone coming our way.

Mr. Knight.

Damn it.

He looks very determine.

I quickly move the stroller right. Hitting the man. "Oh, my. I'm sorry, really sorry. I have to go." I say goodbye.

"It was nice seeing you and your daughter. Goodbye, maybe we'll run into each another time." The man calls out. I wave goodbye but don't turn around. I hope I don't see him again I'm not sure how to feel about his man.

Forgetting about the man I speed out outside the mall without calling too much attention to myself but it's not 'til I'm outside I lets out a breath of relief.

I just need to get to the car. I quickly try to get us to the car, but just as I take out Amelia of the stroller. I feel a hand on my arm.

"Where are you going, Lisa?" Mr. Knight whispers in my ear. I feel hot breath against my neck, and a shiver of pleasure goes down my back. I try to move away. But Mr. Knight has other plans he takes Amelia out of my arms puts her into her seat then goes on to pushes me beside her. He opens the hood of the car and puts the things I bought and the stroller. Then he gets himself in the driver's seat, starts the car and drives away.

Huh, I didn’t even notice him taking the keys from me. Idiot.

I finally start coming to my senses.

"Mr. Knight where are we going. I really need to get home. " I ask him calmly but in the inside, I'm boiling with anger. Will he ever stop?

"Aiden." Is the only thing he says.

"What?"

"Call me Aiden."

"Ok, Aiden where are we going. " I ask.

"To your bosses house to have a discussion. "

"They’re not there and I don't know when they'll get here," I inform him with a smug smile.

"Oh, they're here." Is the only thing he says returning to give me a smug smile. My starts to slip off my face as  I remain silent in the car.

******

We arrive at Amelia's house. I really don't want to know why Mr.- Aiden knows where it is. He helps us out of the car. Gets our shopping bags and walks to the house like he's been here a million times already.

"Lisa, Mr. And Mrs. Richard are waiting for you in the living room," Claire announces as she sees me enter the house with Amelia and Aiden. She's eyeballing Aiden.

"He's my former boss and he decided to help us get here. Do you know why they want to talk to me?" I explain to her about Aiden as well as dismiss him. Apparently, he doesn't like it because he gives us a soft snort. I chose to ignore.

I start to panic remembering the Richards are here. I hold Amelia tightly to my chest.

"Yes, I know," Aiden answers instead. I turn to look at him. "That is why I'm here now let's go. They’re waiting for us." He takes ahold of my waist and we walk to the living room.

In there sits Mr. And Mrs. Richard. They are a both young couple. A few year older than me but not much.

"Take a seat." Mr. Richard demands.  He then looks behind and turns a little pale. "Please." He adds later. I noticed they don't even look at Amelia. I feel a little sick in the inside.  I take a seat with Aiden next to me.

"I don't know you at all, but from what I was informed you an excellent babysitter. As well as the employer. We have not been here either and of jobs prevent us from being here." Aiden snorts from behind me. Just as Mr. Richard finished talking.

"We have also been informed of your previous job and how Mr. Knight would like you to be back so with him so we came up with an idea." I look back to Aiden confused.

"You are now the legal guardian of Amelia." Mr. Richard says making me twist my head in fast speed at what he just so bluntly said.

1/5/19