Chapter 49

Today is the day. I'm getting married today. The past few days have been a little hectic but it's now a breather.

I'm in my mom's apartment. We decided to have the wedding at Aiden's house. Everyone would be begin to arrive around 6 since the wedding ceremony was to be a 7.

I had woken up quite early to excited to close my eyes for a moment longer. I now sit with my mom, Mrs. Knight and Amelia, who was busy playing with her toys on the bed.

She has recently taken a liking to call me 'mama' much to Aiden's distaste since Amelia has yet to call him 'papa.'

"All done." The makeup lady said as she finished off my make-up. She move out the way so my mom and Mrs. Knight could see my face.

"Oh my lord. You look beautiful." Mrs. Knight gushed while my mom simply whipped tears from her eyes.

"Okay. Okay," Mrs. Knight use her hands to fan herself ," it is time for the dress."

My mom got up and got the dress from where it was left. She unzip the bag before she took it out. I drop my robe but quickly put the dress on while Mrs. Knight was busy with Amelia to glance over at me and see my scars. My mom button me up.

Finally,I was ready. It was just about to be two o'clock.

"Love, are y'all ready?" Mr. Knight's voice drifted from the other side of the door.

"Just about." My mom fixed my tendrils from my loose updo.

"Okay we're good. " My mom went to hold Amelia while Mrs. Knight went to open the door.

Outside the door, Mr. Knight stood along the wall with Gabriel beside him. I didn't even know when he arrived!

"Gabriel!" I yelled excited to see him.

"Lisa." I was rewarded a killer smile. He seemed surprised at my reaction but soon he wrapped me in his arms. I returned the hug. Resting my face in his chest and inhaling his scent.

I took a step back, breaking the embrace. "Lisa I was wondering if it were possible that I could still walk you down the aisle." The wedding would be out in the backyard since it was big enough to hold just about another house. The dinner would also be held there. Just a small intimate gather. It was all I could ever ask for.

I smile "I would love too."

My mom with Amelia ,and Mr. and Mrs. Knight, walk on ahead of us. But my mom hesitated for a moment before coming towards me. She had the biggest smile and eyes glisten.

"I love you." She whispered in my ear, Amelia between us as she looked up at us.

"I love you more." I whispered back. She lean back and cupped my cheek. "You deserves this and much more."

"Mama." Amelia uttered the single word I love.

A gasp was heard from behind me. "She talks?" Gabriel asks in awe.

"Yeah." I laugh. "She just recently learned."

Gabriel caress her cheek before my mom walked away. I watched as Gabriel look at her in longing.

I frown confuse.

Gabriel clears his throat. "Well let's get this show on the road. Oh and just so you know if you want to make a run for it, a getaway car is at your disposal." Gabriel joked.

I laughed. "Aiden would hunt me down til he finds me. He's been far to eager for this day."

"He's in love." Gabriel states. Almost as if a realization came over him.