Chapter 46

I must've look like fish, opening and closing my mouth.

"What?" I wheeze.

I set a hand on his chest, putting distance between us.

"Why?" I ask confuse. He couldn't probably love me. I mean look at me. How?

"I don't know. Maybe it was the way you smile or laugh. I love how your ears turn red when your embarrassed. I love how your hair feels in my hands and the softness of your skin against mine. I love how you would bake me goods and always leave me a note. I know I wasn't the most talkative or friendly person but I was very observant," Aiden pauses. I hold my breathe and a few tears. " I love the way you are."

I sniff a few times, a small smile making it's way into my lips.

"You seem to ignore me the eight months I worked for you. I figure you didn't even know my first name. I sometimes thought you had no idea I was even at your house." I giggle trying to lighten up the moment.

Aiden's words warmed up my heart. The pain of remembering Zac withered away when Aiden said 'I love you'. No one has ever said that to me beside my mom. I can't even begin to explain how I feel right now.

I burst out laugh. I laugh like I've never laughed before. It felt really good to feel pain from laughter. "Thank you." I finally choke out.

I swipe my eyes from a few tears.
Aiden look down at me with furrows brows. "Not really what I was hoping to hear." He says.

I stop laughing for a moment. " I know but it's just-"

"I'm kidding. I don't expect you to tell me right now. When your ready I'll be here."

"Thank you." I snuggle closers to him. I've never told anyone beside my mom I love her, so for me to tell another person I love them is a big step and big committed more then action and a piece of paper will ever be.

We stay silent for a moment, lost in our thoughts.

"How did y'all get away from your dad?" Aiden asks after a while. I know he'd ask sooner or later.

I move so that I'm laying on my back, staring up at the ceiling.

"It was the beginning of my junior year. I was in P.E and I was changing. I usually would change in a bathroom stall but no was in there and I figured I would change quickly and be out. That, however, didn't happen." I take a deep breath. "I was about to put my shirt on when Eliza, a new girl, came in and saw me. My scars. She had only been here a few days in school but I know she heard the rumors about me."

I turn my body to my side. Looking up at Aiden, he was staring back at me giving me courage to go on.

"She took one look and ran out. I hope and thought she just go back outside and act like nothing happened." I laugh shaking my head. "I put my shirt on and go outside to the gym but before I can get out the P.E coach came in Eliza was behind her looking very scared. The next thing I knew I was being question by the police. I was taken to the principal office where I spent hours. My mom was called down to. The whole school knew but since I never spoke up they didn't have proof until my scars. That's when everything began."

"What then?"

"Then my dad was taken by the police for physical abuse and locked away. He, of course, cursed the day we were born. I honestly never left so much relief. Our life was finally beginning. We were free." I smile as I finish. To have that moment of bliss again. Where we may not have alot of money but we have love for each other and that was the best thing in life.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all this." Aiden wraps me in his arms.

I sigh.

"I told my mom that we would leave Amelia with her for the night, is that okay?" Aiden asks me after we have a moment of silence.

"Sure." I figured they would want her for awhile.

I've missed her but I'm sure I wouldn't be much of help. I could barely walk.

"Would you still like to get married?" Aiden asks hesitantly. Almost as if I wouldn't want to get married to him anymore.

I giggle.

"Of course I do, but I don't think we have enough time to plan a wedding again." I tell him.

"No. No, I mean just our closets friends. I can call my lawyer and we can be married in a few days. When your feeling better and if you'd like, of course. I mean if you want we can have a big wedding then we cam wait."

I shake my head. "It's okay. I'm fine with a small wedding just as long as I turn into your wife." I bury my neck into his chest.

"I'd like that too. How bad are your feet?" Aiden asks.

"I have no idea but it hurts really bad. I haven't seen my feet."

Aiden sits up and begins to drag my feet to him carefully so he won't hurt me. He slowly unwraps my feet. I bite my lip when I feel alittle pain.

"Sorry." Aiden murmurs.

"It's alright." I whisper.

I close my eyes but open then immediately when I hear a gasp.

"Is it bad?" I ask frighten.

"Maybe just right now since it's very sensitive. Your feet are really red." Aiden runs a finger down my feet. I couldn't help but giggle.

"At least your ticklish." Aiden chuckles.

He begins to wrap my feet up again. He sets my feet up on a pillow.

We spend the remainder of the day in bed. We ordered pizza and ate it in Aiden's room. We watch tv before falling asleep.

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hello my beautiful readers. It has been a month more or less, but I'm here now and I'm sorry I took so long to update but I was alittle busy and I had a writer block. I'm truly trying to update sooner so I can finish the book but I have so much going on so I may not have alot of time. But I'll try. Until next time.

-Later, Lastinlove❤