Chapter 23- Time

"I can't.." Those two words slipped out of Derek mouth.

"Why?" Was all Bethany could mutter out.

Derek looked down then back up into Bethany's eye. They looked hurt, lost, confused. They lost the twinkle that was once there and now was replaced with darkness. Those were the eyes he fell in love with yet with all of pain he's caused... He can't recognize them... He lost her,

"Chloe.. Chloe and I are"

"Still together.." Bethany finished for him.

"Yah... And.. She's pregnant." Derek looked down.

"She's p-p-pregnant?"

"Ya.. I'm going to be a dad.. And I can't just leave her. She needs my help with our baby. I need to see how things will work out with her. Listen, I will always love-" Bethany cut him off.

"Love me? You'll always love me?? YOU SLEPT WITH ANOTHER GIRL! Someone in love doesn't do that.... Leave."

"Beth.." Derek spoke gently.

"LEAVE!" She screamed.

"Bethany..'' Derek walked closer to her.

"No. Don't get any closer.. LEAVE!! LEAVE! GET OUT!" She started panicing.

Everyone soon rushed in. Witney and Mark hold her hands calming her down. Brittney held Marin, and Val held Bethany by the head hushing her.

"You better go." Mark said.

"Ok..." Derek didn't fight it.

Because if the one thing that was hurting her the most was him...

Then he couldn't be around her.

Because that's how much he loves her.

Derek started to walk away when he heard someone call his name,

"Derek!" 

Turning around he saw Mark.

"What?" Derek said aggravaited.

"I know, I know it's hard. I'm your best friend, and I know your not an asshole. But.. You broke her. She has an eating disorder. She self harms, she's a time bomb right now. I overheard about Chloe and... I don't like the idea of you having a kid with her cause.. I'm not a massive fan, but I think you best take care of her and the baby. Bethany's fragile right now, she's better off with us for now. I get you love her, I can still see it. But give it time. Try to start a new life with this baby." Mark explained.

And he was right.

Derek needed to give her time.

He needed this time to be with his soon to be child.

But how much time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanksgiving week. The time for family and friends. Derek wanted to tell his family about the baby but Chloe refused for an odd reason.

"Uncle D?" Adi, Derek's neice asked.

"Yah pumpkin?"

"Where's Auntie Beth?"

Derek froze... He almost forgot that his whole family was introduced to Bethay during the forth of July..

Almost

"Auntie Beth and I aren't together anymore."

"Why? I liked her."

"So did I." Derek smirked slightly at the little girl before hearing his sister calling everyone to the dinning room.