Chapter 33- 3 Days

"Ok... So while Eldon was in LA a few months ago, we were hanging out at my house. Fooling around and stuff. We were just having a movie day, baking, just taking it easy. We got into a little bit of a flour war and... We kissed... Nothing more I swear. But..."

Derek was crushed yet extremely relieved. All they did was kiss... The thought of Bethany's lips touching someone else's lips that wasn't his own made him cringe, but it's better than just hooking up.

"But... We ended up talking... For a long time.. Some.. Most of it was about you.. And he just.. We were broken up and he was just making me feel better I guess.. In the moment. I said something about you.. Us that I now regret.. A lot."

"Bethany... What did you say?" Derek asked nervous.

"That.." Bethany started to tear up, "That I didn't think our relationship was worth it. That it was too complicated. That I hated the way you were treating me when you broke up with me. You were being an ass. That you were an idiot to get back together with Chloe and... That Eldon would be a better boyfriend..." Now Bethany actually was in tears.

Derek didn't know what to say.. 

Even though this was when they were broken up, Derek couldn't help but to feel heartbroken.

Even though he was with Chloe at the time he always wanted it to be Bethany. 

"Derek?"

"Yah?" He replied snapping out of his train of thought.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I don't know..."

"I regret it so much. Your the best boyfriend ever and I can't imagine my life without you. I was just... He was there and you.. Weren't."

"But Bethany I never thought that about you!!! Not once!" Derek snapped..

Bethany shut her mouth from saying another word.

Derek had never snapped on her like this before... Not even last time she was in New York and the whole Chole situation happened...

"You've never yelled at me like that before..." Bethany weakly stated.

Derek's face softened with regret,

"Oh baby, I didn't mean it like that. It's just hard." Derek tried to give her a hug only to have her reject it.

"I have to shower..." Bethany got up and walked into the bathroom.

"What the hell have I done?" Derek asked himself, with his head down in shame.

The rest of the night was not angry fighting as much as angry ignoring. The peaceful silence was replaced by angry awkard tension. They slept on opposite sides of the bed slowly falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 6th of January. Bethany was going home, Derek still had a few days.

The pair woke up in eachothers arms like every morning. Bethany had almost forgot about the argument that happened the previous night...

Almost.

The memories of the night flashed into her mind as she quietly unravelled herself from Derek's grasp. Making sure not to wake him up. She took her phone to notice she had 3 hours til her flight so she went down the street to go get some coffee.

When she got back, a coffee tray with 2 coffees in one hand and a brown bag that had a breakfast sandwhich for Derek, and a small bowl of fruit for herself. She walked back in to see Derek pacing.