Chapter 16-Complicated

"Derek! Which way to I turn?" 

"Left. Remember with jazz you got to get a good energy" Derek explained.

As Maria and Derek were rehearsing Witney snuck in.

"Witney I see you." Derek raised an eyebrow.

"Hey!! So I was just wondering what time we were going out at."

"Wait.." Maria interrupted, "Going out? Arn't you dating Bethany. And arn't you her best friend?" Maria pointed to Witney.

"Bethany's my date. It's a double date." Derek explained.

"Ohh! So Mark finally popped the question." Maria smirked.

"What??" Witney's eyes widened.

"Oh Mark-" Derek cut her off,

"I'm going to pick up Bethany at 7 so meet us there at 8?"

"Oh... Ok." Witney seemed more confused than ever but still left.

"She's not going on that date with Mark is she?" Maria finally realized what was going on.

"Yah, it's some Hunter guy."

"Awe. I always though Mark and Witney would be a good pair."

"Me too..." Derek stopped for a moment, "Anyways, let's do it from the ball chain step."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beth! You ready??"

"Yah." Bethany said as she walked out of her room.

"Wow.... You look amazing..." Derek bit his bottom lip looking at his girlfriend.

"Thank you babe. Your looking dashing as always." Bethany laughed placing her hand on his chest and a kiss on his lips.

Derek was in black jeans and a blue button up shirt. While Bethany was in a auburn colored skirt with a black shirt tucked in with black wedges.

"We should go. Witney said she about to leave." Bethany took Derek's hand as they walked out of the apartment.

As they reached his car Derek let go of Bethany's hand in order to open the door for her.

"Why thank you kind sir." Bethany used a fake British accent causing them both to laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Wit where's Hunter?" Bethany asked walking into the kareoke bar.

"He... Uhh... Isn't coming. He said he has to go out for his anniversary dinner with his wife...." Witney started to cry.

"Oh my gosh Witney!!" Bethany sat down beside her to comfort her, "Here's what's going to happen. Derek will call Mark, Val, Peta, and Sadie and we'll have a little party! Psh, we'll show him who's missing out!"

"I'll go call them now." Derek said walking out so he could call.

But Derek wasn't going to call all of those people....

Only Mark.

ring ring ring ring

"Derek? What up? I thought you're out with Bethany." 

"I am. I was suppose to be a double date with Witney and this guy she met. Turns out the guy is a complete douche who is married. I need you to come to down to the kareoke bar."

"She derserves so much better... I'm on my way." With that. Mark hung up.

Derek was about to go back into the club but was then face to face with Bethany.

"Arn't you gonna call everyone else?" Bethany raised an eyebrow of suspision.

"This was originally a double date. I just wanted to keep it that way."

"I know you Derek. Better than you know yourself. Your planning something, tell me or I'll call Val, Sadie, and Peta." Bethany pointed a finger at him.

"K fine. Mark is really really into Witney. So I thought... Why not let him go on a date with her. I've always thought they would make a great couple."

Bethany stayed silent.

"Babe.... You know me better than I know myself. But I can read you like a book. What's wrong?"

"Witney is really really into Mark too.. She just thought that she would never have a shot so she gave up and agreed to go on this date with Hunter.."

"So what are we gonna tell Witney?" Derek asked.

"That only Mark is coming."

They walked back in to see Witney on her phone smiling...?

"Witney who are you texting?'' Bethany asked curious.

"Oh just Mark asking me where we were in the bar."

"But your like... Blushing." Derek stated.

"No I'm not!" Witney defended.

"Right...." Derek and Bethany spoke as they sat down next to eachother across from Witney.

While waiting for Mark to appear the three of them looked through songs and did a few. While Witney and Bethany were singing a duet to Me and My Girls by fifth harmony Mark comes in and sits next to Derek who was watching the girls.

"Thanks for the invite." 

"No problem man. I didn't wanna leave Witney hanging there."

"Derek. You know how I feel about her."

"Indeed I do."

"Why didn't you tell me this was a double date between you guys."

"I just didn't want you hurt she would be with another guy."

"Yah I guess. It's just-" Mark was cut off.

"MARK!!" Bethany yelled giving Mark a big hug.

"Hey Bethers. How's the little cutie doing." Mark said making everyone laugh.

"Hey bro. That's my girl." Derek stepped in.

"She's all yours!" Mark jokingly put his hands up in surrender moving to sit by Witney.

"Hi." Witney said.

"Hey." Mark replied as they looked at eachother.

Derek and Bethany looked at them. At eachother. Then back at them

"Eh Uh!" Bethany coughed getting their attention back.

"Right... Should we order some food?" Mark suggested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night went on with laughing and singing and dancing. While the pairs took a break from the stage and get something to eat Witney noticed something.

"Wit what's up?" Bethany asked noticing her eyes widening.

"Uhh.... Hunter?" Witney stuttered making everyone at the table to turn their heads.

He was a medium brown haired guy. Maybe 5'8 or 5'9. Decently muscular and cleanly shaved. Looked maybe just older than Bethany or maybe Derek and Mark's age. But not over 23.

"Hey, I'm sorry about the cancellation. But I'm here now."

Things are about to get complicated....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! SoOOO sorry, I have exams coming up and I have to study!! GHA IM SO NERVOUS! GONNA DIE IN A PILE OF TEXTBOOKS AND NOTES NOW! ahhaha.

I'll try and update soon. But I promise the latest the next update will be is after my exams.!!

xoxo