Chapter 24- Not Going Anywhere

"Derek? What are you doing here?" Sadie asked shocked to see him.

"Is... Is Beth here?"

"Yah, but now's not a good time..."

"BETHANY TAKE A BITE OF THE FOOD PLEASE!!" They heard Mark yell in fustration.

Derek gently pushed Sadie aside and rushed in to see Val and Mark holding her down and Witney with a small spoonful of rice. Everyone turned to see him... Bethany locked eyes with Derek for a moment. Then rushed to her room.

"BETHANY!" Witney yelled for her but it was too late, sighing she said, "Thanks a lot Derek! She was about to eat something!"

"Are you sure?" Derek raised an eyebrow.

"Shut up. What the hell are you doing here." Witney asked.

"What I should've done a long time ago..." Derek started walking into her room, but then turned around. Grabbing an orange off the table. Ignoring the plate of food.

"Beth?"

"Derek, go away."

"How'd you know it was me? Could've been Val.. You two have been getting very close lately."

"I'd know your voice anywhere.." Bethany burried her head in the pillow more.

Derek walked over to Bethany's bed and sat on the edge.

"I thought you loved me..." He heard her cry and he felt his chest burn from pain..

"I do..."

"Your going to have a kid Derek.. With someone else..."

"No I'm not.."

Bethany's head rose in confusion,

"What are you talking about? Did she get another abortion? Did she fake it?"

"No.... It's not my kid."

"Oh... I'm sorry."

"I'm not.. Cause I don't want to have a kid calling me daddy when your not being called mommy. Bethany I love you. And I don't want anyone else. I'm sorry about the whole not trusting you thing... I should;ve never listened to her. I should've let you explain... I should've listen to my heart... Because your my heart."

"Derek..''

"Bethany... I'm not going anywhere anymore. I'm going to be right here. Everyday. I'm going to love you with every being of me. I know your hurt... I know your struggling. Which is why I'm not going to push us to be back together. The moment your ready. I'll be right here..." He grabbed her hand and looked at her in the eyes..

The twinkle....

It still wasn't as bright as before..

But it was starting to shine through again..

Derek grabbed the orange and peeled it... Hold a piece to her mouth,

"Please?" he begged.

She simply nodded her head no.

"For us..." Still holding it to her mouth, he felt it slip off his fingers into her mouth..

Slowly but surely, an hour later, she ate a whole orange.

Bethany soon feel asleep after that. Derek tucked her in and walked back out into the living room area where everyone else was anxiously waiting.

"I know you guys where watching for at least a little while."

"The past 2 months have been hell.. And you were... a complete jackass... But you've come back around. Don't screw it up this time." Val warned.

"At least she ate something..." Witney frowned.