Chapter Fifty-Two

Katsuki's POV:

What the class did for me earlier really made me feel good. The snacks weren't bad either, so it was great.

I relaxed with my friends and Shoto later on in the common area, talking about the week and how it was great that everyone passed.

What's cool about the rest of the class, though, is that they haven't said anything about my depression. They know I'm leaving on Sunday, but they don't make it a big deal. It's exactly what I wanted. I didn't want them to act differently, well, too differently. They are a bit different. They give me my space.

Kaminari and Shoto know my mood when I wake up, so they'll give the class a heads up. I absolutely hated the idea at first, but it's been really useful, and again, they don't make a big deal about it.

Now I'm in my room with Shoto and Oroka, doing nothing really. Just enjoying each other's company. He's lying on my stomach, legs on the wall, so he's making an L shape. Oroka is in the small space between the both of us, asleep. Halfie is on his phone, texting his sister and looking through Instagram, but he's playing music. I'm just playing with his hair. He likes when I do that, and I like doing it, so why not?

We've been here for an hour and I'm getting kind of bored. We can't really do anything since it's really late. Tomorrow we're waking up early cause Halfie made plans. Apparently, I'm not allowed to know anything about what he planned, just that we're going to be busy all day. I'm pretty excited about it.

What's making me nervous is my mood. It's been going pretty good for way too long. I have my moments here and there, but I know I'm going to fall deep into the whole once again. These good moods usually never last this long. The time before this, it was only about a few days. It's been over a week of this good feeling. It's making me anxious.

"Babe?"

I look at Shoto. "Hm?" I ask. "You stopped playing with my hair and you looked like you were thinking. Don't overthink," he says, poking my head. "Yeah, yeah. Okay."

He puts his head back on my stomach, but he's still facing me. "You tired? Wanna sleep?" He asks worriedly. The question makes me realize how tired I actually am. My muscles are sore and I didn't sleep after getting back. I nod as a yawn escapes my lips.

"You're cute," he whispers.

"Shut up."

"I love you Katsuki," he says, looking at me intently. I turn my head sideways, face feelings slightly warmer.

"I love you too."

"..."

I look at him when he doesn't move or say anything. "What?" I question.

"Why didn't you say my name?" He pouts.

I smile fondly and roll my eyes. "Okay, whatever. I love you too, Shoto."

He practically radiates happiness and gets up to lie down next to me. He wakes Oroka up and she meows in annoyance. She just sits up and licks her paw. He scoffs and carries her off the bed to which she squirms. "Ha, stupid cat. I'm better," he boasts.

"Shut up. She's a cat," I say.

He frowns. "Are you choosing the cat over me?"

"Maybe I am. You don't have a cute smashed face," I joke.

"Maybe not a smushed face, but I have a big scar," he tries.

I open my mouth to say something, but I just laugh at his ridiculousness. "Shoto, I choose you over the cat. I love Oroka, but I'm in love with you, and you got her for me. Stop fighting with the damn cat and love me," I say, pulling him to me. He let's out an amused huff as he lands right next to me.