Chapter Eleven

Katsuki's POV:

We're done with dinner now. Thankfully, Todoroki didn't burn the fries. He even salted them well. They're not too salty. I picked on him about how he'll most likely mess them up on the walk after school and he just flicked the bruise on my forehead. I groaned and he laughed at my pain.

We're currently headed upstairs to my room because we decided to watch a movie. We washed all the dishes and finished eating. "So what movie do you wanna watch?" I shrug, pretending I have no clue about what I want to watch. I really want to watch Strange Magic. "Hmm, fine, since you're not choosing, we're just going to have to watch Strange Magic," he says. I groan, pretending to be annoyed, but it obviously doesn't work on him. "Oh whatever, you know you love it. You're not fooling anyone," he tells me. I frown at him, still trying to keep up my act but when I make eye contact with him, I break and laugh. "Agghh okay, yes I like it," I tell him.

He laughs and says, "Damn, I've never seen my face go through so many emotions and it's only been a week." I roll my eyes and laugh. "Okay, let's just pu- wait!" He jumps up suddenly from my shout and looks at me. "What the fuck? You scared me you dumbass. What happened?" I jump up and run downstairs. He doesn't even bother getting up.

I grab the two bowls of ice cream from the freezer and run upstairs with them. They still had the spoons in them so I didn't have to get any. When I walk into the room, Todoroki was setting up the movie. He looks at me and deadpans. "Are you serious? You scared the shit out of me for that?" I nod and hand him his bowl. He puts play and we chill next to each other. As we're watching, I realize how each side of Todoroki's body is a different temperature. His left side is way warmer than the right.

As the movie goes on, we both hum along to the songs and sometimes I say the lines of a character and Todoroki will say the lines of the other one. We both laugh every time and it's honestly so great.

The movie ends and I turn over to look at Todoroki who had made his way onto my shoulder sometime in between the movie. "Hey, how are you feeling?" He sighs heavily. "I'm having a great time you know? But I feel like I just can't enjoy it because I feel a little off. Like I'm supposed to be having fun and enjoying stuff, but to be honest, the only time I really forget about anything is when I'm hanging out with you. I don't know. It sounds so weird, but its true. Ugh and I'm just so tired. I seriously don't know how you live like this every day. Alone. It gets me so pissed off that you don't have anyone. I'm sorry, I just- aggghh let's sleep, yeah?"

"I know what you're feeling. It's okay though. You just have to make it through tomorrow and you're done with that stuff. You don't ever have to deal with that again," I tell him, giving him an option to leave when we switch back. "Bakugo. For the millionth time, I'm not not just going to stop being your friend when we switch back. I like being your friend. You're a great guy and this is all so great. I mean, finding out about all of the things you didn't want me to know about isn't great, but getting to know you was. I'd always wanted to become friends with you. I just never knew how to get close to you. I don't care about the bad stuff. I just want to be your friend."

I look at him and nod. "Okay we just need to get through tomorrow and not even all of tomorrow. Just until like 5:30. Then, you don't have to deal with all the bad shit and we can maybe actually start becoming friends. I really don't know how my mood will be when we switch back. I don't miss being in my body. I really don't want to switch back and I know it sounds so selfish, but I don't want to switch back. I'm so scared. Even though I don't want to switch back, I really do at the same time. I hate that you're feeling like that. I'd never wish that on my worst enemy. I'm just sorry you have to deal with that," I say, apologizing.

"It's okay Bakugo. It's not all your fault that we're switched. I fought back. I shouldn't have, I should've just backed off. Let's just try to go to sleep. We still don't know what we're doing tomorrow, and I'm kind of nervous because I don't know how to use your quirk," he says. I nod and put our bowls on the drawer next to my bed. "We'll just have to do our best. We'll get to school early to practice," I say. He nods and lies down while I quickly set up an alarm so that we wake up earlier.