Chapter Forty-One

Katsuki's POV:

I wake up and immediately dread everything. It's Monday.

I asked Todoroki to sleep with me last night cause I knew I'd be too anxious to sleep. I turn and see that it's 4 am.

Phew, I still have time to sleep and a long whole before school. "Bakugo?" Halfie grumbles. His voice is rough and it's obvious he just woke up. "S-sorry, I just woke up. I was just checking the time," I whisper. It's 4 am and I'm pretty sure my cat is still asleep. "Why'd you wake up? Did you have a nightmare?" He asks worriedly. I shake my head. "No, I just woke up and immediately thought about school, sonic checked the time to see exactly how much time I have before we have to go," I tell him, snuggling closer into him.

He hums happily as I do.

"It's going to be okay Kat," he says, petting my hair. His voice is smoother now and it's calming. I'm stupidly in love with this idiot. "You're stupid," I say suddenly. I mentally face palm and he starts laughing, the noise making me blush furiously as I think about how amazing it is. I could listen to him laugh all day.

"Where'd that come from?" He asks, a lighthearted tone seeping through. "I hate how much I'm in love with you," I mumble and I feel his arms tighten around me. He definitely heard me anyway. "So you're stupid," I add, a small laugh making it's way out.

"You just calm down so much. Your damn laugh is just," I take a deep breath, "I love it. And your damn smile. Fuck, I could stare at it all day. You care about me so much and you make me feel alive. You got me a damn cat too. You're so dense sometimes, but I love that too. That stupid face you make all the time. Your hair is soft all the time too. Your jokes suck ass and I can't wait for the next one each time. Your eyes, damn, I could stare into them and get lost, and still, I'd be happy. Don't even get me started on your abs."

"Also, your hands. I love them. When you hold my hand, my shoulder, the back of my sweater. You just always have a hand on me as if I'd fly away if you didn't. It makes my heart beat so fast. I don't even know how I'm alive right now. I think I'll pass out every time we make eye contact. Here, in your arms, I feel great. I feel like I can get up and do anything. I hate how much I love you," I say, pulling him so close that there's barely any room to move around. "I sound really weird huh?" I ask after a moment of silence. He breathes out. "No, I'm just really happy right now," he says and the smile is obvious from his tone.

I feel sleep wash over me and sigh heavily as I let myself completely relax into him. "I'm sleepy again." "I'm so in love with you too. It ridiculous. Let's get some sleep though. You need to get enough rest so you're not in bad shape tomorrow," he says. I agree with a small nod and I soon fall asleep.

When I wake up, there's light out and when I check the time, I see that it's 6:57. 3 minutes till my alarm. Wow, why couldn't I just stay asleep for those extra three minutes? I rest my head back down onto Halfie's chest and close my eyes as I listen to his heartbeat. It's even and slow. I feel my eyes get heavy and I almost fall back asleep until my alarm starts ringing, making me jump slightly. I curse the time and dismiss the alarm. "Hey, Halfie," I say, trying to wake him up. He grunts. "No," he whines and I almost laugh. "We gotta start getting ready. Do you want me to make you breakfast or not?" I threaten and his eyes shoot open. "Okay I'm up," he wheezes as he stretches. I'm still hugging him and my chest is practically on his.

"You comfy?" he asks. I nod. "You're very warm. And muscly. And comfy too. Maybe it's cause I love you," I say. He smiles. "You in a better mood?" I nod at his question. "Just gotta take my meds, go to school, talk to Aizawa after, and then come back and be with you," I say, planning out the day. It's not very detailed, but it's better than nothing.