Chapter Forty-Seven

Todoroki's POV:

Katsuki and I have been trying new things in our intimate life. It's amazing having those moments with him. That he trusts me with his body like that. He's not ready for actually sex yet, but I don't blame him and I want him to take him time. If he rushes, he'd miss out on the pleasure. I want him to be comfortable before he decides he wants to do anything. I don't ask him about it because I want him to come to me when he's ready. I know he's not an upfront person when it comes to this, so I'll ask in a few days or maybe a week or two. We just started discussing this, so I think if I ask him now, he'll freak out and feel like he has to be ready.

"So then I saw Ojirou alone in the locker rooms and left as soon as I saw him. He turned, but I was already leaving as he did. I seriously can't stand looking at him. I keep seeing my dad and how angry he was," Katsuki says as he lays on my lap. "I'm glad you left. You shouldn't stay in a place where you feel uncomfortable. You have choices. Remember that."

He nods, smiling up at me. "Yeah, I do. Hey, uh, do you wanna go somewhere? Like anywhere. I'm bored here trapped in the dorms. Let's go to the park," he sighs.

"Yeah, sure. Did you want to go out to eat?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "No, I'll make us something after we get back," he tells me, still looking up at me. "You sure?"

He nods. "Yeah. I wanted to try making soba," he smiles and I can't help but smile back. "Oh yeah?" "Yeah. I've been looking up recipes and watching videos. I think I have it down," Bakugo says proudly. "Okay then, let's go," I say and he nods, but he doesn't make any movements to get up. I look down at him and he sighs. "I guess I need to get up, huh?" I nod.

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath and my heart clenches. "If you don't feel like getting up, we can just go another time," I suggest and he shakes his head. "Just give me a second."

"Anything for you."

After about ten minutes, Bakugo huffs and sits up quickly. "Okay, I'm good. Let's go," he says, pointing a finger upward in declaration.

We stand up and head downstairs. I grab his hand and squeeze it in reassurance. He looks back at me with an embarrassed look in his eye and I frown. "There's no reason for that look," I whisper to him and he looks down as we pass everyone in the common area.

As we walk to get permission from Aizawa to leave campus, I pull Bakugo's hand. He turns to me and I smile. "You did it though." His face tells me he knows what I'm talking about. "Yeah, but it took me a while," he sighs in defeat. "Any win is a win. Even if you couldn't get up, you did a lot today. You woke up. You brushed your teeth. You showered. You talked. Took your meds. You ate. You should be proud of yourself. Take the wins. Sometimes you might not be able to, and that's okay too. I'm here and you know that. It's okay," I tell him and make sure he's looking at me the whole time.

"I-I guess," he nods. "No. Not 'I guess'. Say it. Say 'I got up and that was a win'."

"I got up and that's a win," he repeats. "Again."

"I got up and that's a win."

I nod proudly. "Yes it is. Now, let's go ask Aizawa." He nods and we continue making our way to the teacher's dorms.

~~~~~

At the park, we head straight for the swings.

I know Bakugo told me that the swings are his favorite. We were cuddling and enjoying each other's company and he told me randomly.

"You want me to push you?" I ask when he sits down on one of the swings and looks back at me hesitantly. He's insecure. Today isn't a good day for him.