Chapter Forty-Three

Katsuki's POV:

Aizawa took me to buy stuff for my room later that week. He bought be quite a lot. I'm having trouble choosing where to out what clothes. I haven't exactly gone to their house. I mean, I've gone, but I haven't stayed the night. I'm sure they're either really sad that I haven't stayed, or extremely grateful. I've woken up because of a free nightmares recently, so I don't think they want to deal with that right now. And by 'right now' I mean ever.

I'm meeting with Shinso in a little bit and jeez I don't know what to do. I should leave now to get there early. That way, he doesn't have to wait for me.

But...

I could seem like my old self and come right when we're supposed to meet. That way, he doesn't wait for long and I don't seem like a freak. Agh no. I can't do that. I want him to like me. I'll be myself. Maybe he'll like me as myself. If not, well I guess I'll just have to find other parents. Not that bad, right? No. I like Aizawa and Mic. I want them as my parents. I need them as my parents. I'm scared to live with anyone else. To be looked at by other people. I like them and I don't want to get taken away from them, or pushed away by them. I have to be myself, but a little toned down. I hope this goes well.

I decide that getting there early is best. Hey, I gotta be on time, it's the Bakugo way. I can't risk being late. I grab my wallet and phone before heading out. I texted Halfie that I was leaving and he said he was in the common area on the first floor.

As I exit the elevator, I see him sitting down reading through a textbook with Deku and Uraraka flirting with each other across from him. Iida was seated next to him also reading a textbook. Midterms are in a month and a half. Damn.

When he notices that I'm walking towards him, he looks up, and when he sees that it's me, his eyes do this weird thing and he smiles. "Hey," he says. I feel my heart squeeze and I wave back. "Hi." "You want me to walk you out?" He asks and I nod, overwhelmed with the amount of people looking at me now. Momo, Tokoyami, and Jirou were talking and were now looking at me. So were Deku, Pink Cheeks, and Glasses.

I turn around and let Halfie follow me. We go outside and he grabs my hands. "You up for this? Tell me, how are you today?" "Grape." He nods and pulls me into a hug. "Okay, you're okay. You're gonna be fine. You need me to come with you?"

I think about it. It would really help for me, but I don't know if it would weird Shinso out and make him nervous. "No, I don't think Shinso would be up for that. I just freaked out for a little." He nods and pulls away, still holding my hands. I take a deep breath and smirk. "I got this. It's going to be fine because I'm great," I nod.

He smiles. "You really are. Now, if you want me to go and get you, what do you text me?" He quizzes me. "Orange if it's bad, Grape if it's meh but I want to leave, and I'll text you lime if it's going good," I say. He nods. "Don't be afraid to text me the safe words. Okay? If you start bringing attention because of the case, you text me and Shinso okay? You tell him about the people and that you want to meet either somewhere else or at a different day. You tell me that I need to come get you or if you're a little on edge. Also, maybe text Aizawa that you're in a bit of a pickle or something."

I laugh. "What? I've always wanted to use that phrase. I know right now probably wasn't the best time to use it huh?" He asks, a little embarrassed. "Shut it, it was funny and I needed to be less tense. I got all your rules. I'll be okay I think," I sigh. He nods. "Okay, well have fun. Don't freak out," he scolds. "Okay, I'll tell my anxiety to stay quiet." He nods in approval before laughing and kissing me. I return the kiss and pull away. "I'll see you later. I'll tell you how it goes after. Yeah?" He nods and I start walking away after he gives me a thumbs up and I return it.