Chapter Twenty-Four

Todoroki's POV:

"Hey, I'm done buttering the bread, you wanna make the toast?" I ask him as Mina just stays by his side, not talking. He gets up pretty quickly and walks over to me. I face him and he just walks up to me before stopping right in my face and pressing his body close to mine. He doesn't talk or anything, he just stays there and I look up at Mina who just shrugs, looking at both of us sadly.

I wrap my arms around Bakugo and activate my quirk a little so he gets warm. He's shivering even with the blanket wrapped around him securely. "Hey, do you want to go back to tell cabin?" I ask again. He just shrugs and I don't know how to take that. "Babe, what do you want to do?" He sighs, but it sounds like he's about to cry. He takes a deep breath like he's about to talk, but he stops as he gets choked up. I rub my hands up and down his back and look around to see if anyone besides Mina is looking at us. Thankfully it's it Kaminari and he doesn't draw attention to us. He just gives me this pained look and I want to go over and hug him.

I bring my focus back to Bakugo and squeeze him tighter. "I just need a minute," he finds finally breathes out. I nod before realizing he can't see me when his face is buried into my chest. "Okay. Take all the time you need," I assure. He just nods, not talking anymore. He's really not okay.

"Do you think you'll be up for hanging out with your friends? I'll be here the whole time if you want. Just let me know if you really want to. We can wait till after we eat before you decide. Okay?" I ask him. He nods into my chest. He takes a deep breath before pulling away. He sighs heavily and nods at me. "Okay, I'm better," he says. I look at him hesitantly. "It's okay to not be okay. You don't have to force yourself to pretend to be okay," I say, voice low so that people don't hear us. Mina probably still can, but she's not staring at us.

"I'm better now, really. I just needed like a recharge or something. Let me just make the toast and let's eat. I know you're hungry," he says, grabbing the plate of buttered bread and taking it over to the stove. I had already turned on the stove for all the pans we were using. One for the egg, one for the toast, and one for the spam.

I put as many slices of spam I can on the pan in the back and I get some butter and put some on the other pan for the eggs. Once that's melted, I start cracking the eggs and look over at Bakugo who's really focusing on the toast. "Hey, you up for talking? I wanna know more about music, and the usual typed of movies you like," I say. He looks up at me and the look in his eye makes me melt. I smile at him and he looks away quickly, face turning red as he checks one side of the toast.

"Well, like I said earlier, I like being able to connect with people when it comes to music. I hate feeling alone, so usually listening to songs that have lyrics that I can relate to is reassuring. Now, for movies, I like action, but sometimes they make me really anxious, so it depends on my mood. Marvel and DC are my favorite, but I enjoy comedies too. Like the ones with the American actor, Adam Sandler. Oh, and sometimes cartoon movies are fun," he says. There's this tone in his voice. Like he's really enjoying himself. It makes me happy just listening to him. I could listen to this all day.

I quickly look away as he continues talking as I remember about the stuff I'm supposed to be keeping an eye on. The spam is ready on one side and the egg is finally getting cooked. "Like the one where he goes on a blind date. He has a bad time and doesn't want to see her again, but then when he goes on a vacation with his daughters, he sees her again. It's funny," he explains. I smile as he talks. The movie doesn't ring a bell though. "Never seen it," I tell him. He stops looking at the toast and looks up at me. "What?" He asks with this shocked look on his face. "We have to watch it. And any Adam Sandler movies you haven't watched. Did you know he also produces and directs movies? He's very talented," he says. The light in his eyes as he talks makes me want to die in his arms right now.