Chapter Sixteen

Todoroki's POV:

It's been a while since they left and they're only making hot chocolate. It shouldn't take so long. Maybe I should go bring them back really quick. I unwrap my arms from around Bakugo. He stopped crying like 10 minutes ago, so I think he's okay. I stand up and look at him. "Hey I'm going to go check on them," I say and start walking away. I'm about to open the door but I feel someone grab my shirt. Bakugo.

He's gripping onto the back of my shirt with both hands and his head is on my back. "Please don't leave me," he whispers out. His voice breaks my heart. He stays there, grabbing onto my shirt, almost desperately. I don't know what to do. Of course I won't leave him now. He let's go of my shirt and I turn around quickly, hugging him tightly. He does the same. This whole situation is so sad.

"I wanted to go on that date with you. I really did. I'm sorry I screwed it up. I'm so sorry. I ruin everything. I suck. I'm sorry," he sobs out. He apologizes way too many times and he doesn't need to. There's no one who should apologize except the people who didn't know what was going on. You don't choose to be depressed or anxious. No one does. It's the chemicals in your brain.

"Stop apologizing. You shouldn't apologize because this is not you're fault. Okay, did you choose to be depressed?" He pulls away and looks at me confused. His lip is shaking and his face shows pure sadness. He just shakes his head no. "Okay did you choose to be anxious?" He shakes his head at my question again. I nod and say, "Okay. You don't choose to be this way. This also isn't your fault. This is the chemicals in your brain. You can't control those either. Or can you?" He shakes his head again at the question.

"Okay. So tell me, why is it your fault?" He stays there and buries his face back into my chest. He's shivering again, so I activate my quirk. "I'm not strong enough to handle it. Other people can. Other people deal with their depression. I'm just not strong enough to handle it," he says. It's muffled into my shirt a bit, but I can understand what he's saying. I run my hand up and down his back before putting it up to his hair. I run my hands through it and he sighs, leaning into my chest more. I guess it relaxes him just as much as it relaxes me.

"No one has the same amount of depression," I try to explain, not completely correct, but I hope he gets my point, "For some people it's subtle and for others, it's strong and dangerous. I know your parents aren't fit to deal with your depression because they're just ignorant, but I'll be here for you. I'll help you through this. It isn't your fault and it never will be. Please don't blame yourself. If I'm being honest, the people to blame are the ones around you. No one noticed. No one gave you the support you needed. I'm sorry it took so long for me to find out, but I'm not going to stop being here for you," I tell him. He gives in, nodding into my chest as I continue running my hands through his hair.

I take him to his bed and lay him down. His head is resting on my lap and I'm still running my hands through his hair. "I'm going to text Kaminari to see why he's taking so long," I say. He just nods again. I think he had stopped crying.

Me- Kaminari, where are you guys? Why are you taking so long?

2:31

I put my phone down and look at Bakugo. I never thought he'd be this sad. He looks so broken. I bet no one thought he'd ever be like this and it's so heartbreaking. No one should be less likely to be depressed than others. It can happen to anyone, but a lot of people don't realize that. Of course, I can't be mad at those people because I pretty much never thought like this until almost two weeks ago. I never actually thought that anyone could get depression.

"Don't worry about the date. We can just have a date here in the room tomorrow. We can watch some movies and I'll make us some dinner. You can help in the kitchen. We can do it like at three am so that no one would catch us and it'll be really fun. I don't really know yet, I'll figure it out, but does that sounds okay?" He looks up at me and nods, face lightening up a bit. I smile back and lean down. "Can I-" "Yes, you can take my fifth kiss," he says. I smile and lean all the way in. I feel him smile into it and I put my other hand on his chest.