Chapter Twenty-Eight

Katsuki's POV:

Right after everyone left, my dad started yelling at me and hit me a few times. He'd never done that before and I was so shocked. I didn't do anything because I had no idea where this came from. He isn't a violent person, well he wasn't a violent person.

Before Todoroki and Kaminari left, they wrapped and cleaned up my arms where I had burned myself. I told them that it was an accident and I gave Todoroki his sweater back. They left about two hours ago and after my dad hit me, I just walked upstairs and lied down. I've been here for about an hour and a half. I don't want to get up. I don't even want to tell anyone what happened, but at the same time I do. Getting it off my chest is good, it feels good. I regret it immediately, but I can say that I tried. That I told someone.

I never even took my pills earlier. I should take them now. I grab the bottles from my pockets. Kaminari had put them in his pocket for me when my dad can home, and gave them to me when we hung out for a bit. I didn't take them then, but I should have.

They made tea earlier while my dad and Aizawa talked. I could barely drink it and now my stomach feels so queasy. It churns just thinking about everything.

I had walked them to the door and they left with their bags. I felt bad that they had to take care of me, so I apologized again. As soon as they left though, my dad pulled me away from the door and threw me down. I really wasn't expecting this at all, so the back of my head hit the floor with a loud thud.

I grab my stomach as I feel it churn even more at the thought of the loud thud that my head made once it hit the floor.

"Why didn't you tell me they were coming? You fucking idiot. I hate you and your mom hates you. I don't even know why we bother with you an-"

I run over to the restroom and barely make it to the toilet before I vomit into the bowl. Painful spasms make me empty out the contents of my stomach as my throat starts burning from the acidity. I throw up for what seems like forever, and I finally stop after a bit. I wipe my mouth and flush the toilet before trying to get up. It makes my head spin, so I slow down.

As I use my right hand to lift myself up, the right side of my chest burns along with my arm. I have a bruises from my dad punching me in the chest and the burns on my arm are new. I have to stop thinking too much. Maybe tomorrow I should talk to Mr. Aizawa. It's not a scheduled day, but maybe he has time. He has to go get permission from the parents about the dorms, but maybe even just 5 minutes will be okay. I hope so.

Once I finish brushing my teeth, I slowly make my way back to my room so that I don't throw up or pass out. I should sleep. I'll shower in the morning when I hopefully feel better. I grab my phone and look at it to see if anyone had messaged me. I see Halfie and Dunce Face's contacts and open Dunce Face's first since he texted me first.

Dunce Face- Hey, I'll head over in the morning and we can walk to school together, sound good? Let me know

7:00

Me- You don't have to, but sure

9:47

I sigh heavily. Why do they care about me so much? Isn't it too much work? How do they have that much compassion for another person. Not just another person, me. How do they have the patience for that. I'm impossible and I cry all the time. I'm so fucking stupid. I open Halfie's messages and reply.

IcyHot- Hey babe, just got home and checking to see if you're okay. Let me know if you want me to come by in the morning before school