Chapter Twenty-Seven

Katsuki's POV:

After visiting Recovery Girl, Aizawa walks the three of us to the front of the school. "You want me to take you three home?" He asks. I look at the other two and tell them, "You can go if you want. Carrying around a big bag towards a place that isn't your house is probably annoying." They both shake their heads no. "No thank you Sensei," Halfie says. "Yeah, thanks for the offer teach, but I'll pass too," Dunce Face agrees. Mr. Aizawa just nods.

"See you here tomorrow. Get lots of sleep," he says, directing the last thing at me. I nod and we part ways, him going back to wherever he was going and us to my house. Maybe I should check my messages to see if my parents are home or not. I dig my phone out of my pocket and go to my messages. There are just a few from my dad which is a little weird, but that's just my anxiety talking.

Dad👌🏼🖤: Katsuki, something has happened to your mother. Get back to me as soon as you can.

Yesterday at 7:45 pm

2 missed calls from 'Dad👌🏼🖤'

Dad👌🏼🖤: Katsuki answer me now

Yesterday at 7:49 pm

Dad👌🏼🖤: This is not a joke, answer my call

Yesterday at 7:49 pm

Dad👌🏼🖤: Just call me when you see the messages

Yesterday at 7:50 pm

Dad👌🏼🖤: Why are you ignoring me? Your mom is in bad condition, but she'll pull through just so you know. Not that you care

10:00 am

I just stare at the messages. What happened to my mom? Is she in the hospital still? Where did the accident happen? Was it here or was it in the destination of their work trip? Do they hate me? Why did I mute their messages? I shouldn't have done that. Now they think I hate them. They probably hate me for not answering. I'm a horrible kid. I'm not a good son.

"Bakugo? Hey, man, what's wrong?" Kaminari's voice sounds distant but worried. I look up at him slowly then turn to see Halfie also staring at me in concern. "Hey, come on, tell us what's wrong," Todoroki says. I shake my head and swallow the lump in my throat. They'll judge me for being an ungrateful child. A spoiled brat who ignores their parent's messages.

"Bakugo, what happened? Just take deep breaths," Kaminari says, trying to calm me down. Halfie gets closer to me. "Can I touch you?" He asks. I shake my head. They wouldn't want to even look at me when they find out how much of a horrible child I am. My parents waste their money on me and I can't even open a message? How fucking stupid can I be? What if my mom doesn't get better? What if she's permanently hurt? And I was ignoring them while trying to have fun.

I see my vision get blurry as my eyes start to burn. Tears fall down and I let out a choked sob, covering my mouth quickly as I crouch down to hug my legs. I leave my bags at my side and just cry into my legs. I don't even care that they're seeing me like this. It doesn't matter. They know I'm completely fucked up already, so like what's new? It's nothing they haven't seen before. Hell, they've seen worse. They've had to bring me back to life after I tried to kill myself.

I look up to see them both crouched down next to me and their mouths are moving, but I can't hear anything coming out of their mouths. My ears are ringing loudly and I can't breathe. The ringing is so loud. It makes my head pound and I can't focus on anything but the ringing.