~ chapter eleven ~

• coralines pov • (bos will come up soon okay sh)
i wake up and the sun was shining bright through the small, cloudy basement windows. it must've been early still, even though it was "early" when we went to sleep. eventually, being in bos arms, i fell asleep. with him, i feel like i have known him for a lifetime but haven't got to touch him in forveer. which, in a sense is kind of true. i have known him for most of my teenage years, and now being able to feel his arms wrapped around me just feels like something that should've happened a long time ago.

Bo's not up when i wake. i dont usually get enough sleep but im just not tired. i lay there for a while, just savoring this moment. i feel safe, secure. he makes me not nervous to be myself. he makes me want to pour my whole life out into him and just do everything with him. he is really great.

i leave the warmth of bos body to get up and make some food. i never eat breakfast, let alone cook it, so im not to sure how well this will turn out. i just figured it would be a nice thing to do. i give a quick glance at the clock on the microwave and see thats its 10 am. later than i thought, i actually got quite a bit of sleep.

i keep expecting my parents to come trifling through their bedroom door, all smelly and hungover, but i have to keep reminding myself that it wont happen. not today.

i hear rustling in the below level, so i look though the space to see bo is getting up. he doesn't see that im watching him so he yawns and stretches. i almost laugh but i figure he probably wouldn't understand. he puts his glasses on and i go back over to the stove, where im making eggs and bacon. im a vegetarian but i figure everyone likes bacon, right? i hear bo walking up the stairs and he stands behind me. he leans on the counter and i can tell he wanted to rest his head on my shoulder but unfortunately im too short so he just leans on me.

"good morning," bo says, slurring a little. "what time did you get up?" he says moving aside and leaning the other way so he can see my face.

"good morning," i smile and look up at him, then returning to my eggs. "and i dunno, twenty minutes ago, maybe?"

he dosnt say anything but he rubs his eyes. he is obviously still tired. "you can go back to sleep," i say.

"no, im not tired," he refuses. i know hes lying but i love his company so i don't argue. "do you need any help?" he asks, groggily.

"well im just about ready but if you want to put that toast into the toaster that would be much appreciated," i say, pointing to the bread and directing it to the toaster. he nods and begins the job.

"so, how'd you sleep?" i say hip bumping him. im usually never this energetic in the morning, but i mean bo freaking burnham is in my kitchen.

he smiles and looks at me. "you're happy this morning, eh?" he grins and hip bumps me back. because of the height difference he gets above my hip but hey ill take it. "i slept good after you came down."

i try to hide my face because i know im blushing.

the bread is toasted and it pops out of the toaster, scaring both of us. bo just smiles at me and puts the toast on two plates. the eggs and bacon are done so i plop some eggs down on my plate and both on bos and we walk to the table. i get two forks out and sit with bo.

"thanks for making this," bo says.

"heh, thanks. ive never done it before," i say, regretting it. i dont think thats something you want to hear before you eat. not even phasing him, he started eating the bacon.

"well im impressed," he says, his mouth full. i havnt started eating yet and i dont know when i will. i dont want to be messy infront of anybody, but especially not bo. "why arent you eating?" he stops.

"i dunno," i say, playing with the eggs with my fork so it looks like ive been eating.

"if you dont like eating infront of other people its okay, i wont stare at you or anything." he says trying to lock eyes with me, but i just kept looking down. hes stopped eating by now, so now im even more nervous. i let go of my fork and just leave my hand on the table, hoping he does the thing. he does. he takes it and squeezes it slightly while is other hand is holding some bacon. "wheres yours?" he asks, referring to the bacon.

"oh, i dont eat meat," i say plainly, ive only had to answer this question a billion times. whenever i go to a relatives they always insist but im determined to not eat meat. id say im doing pretty good. its been six years. i dont even crave meat anymore, and i dont ever think i will.

bo just nods and finishes his food. ive taken a couple bites on the eggs but after a while im not really hungry so i just break it up so it looks like ive eaten it. when he leans back in his chair, rubbing his stomach, i figure thats a sign hes done. i take our plates to the sink and sit back down. "whats the plan for today?" i ask.

bo leans forward, not looking at me directly, thinking about his answer. "im not really sure. i dont really have a 'plan' for today. i just thought whatever you like to do we can go do." figures. whatever i want. typical.

"well, i like to eat. not breakfast but in general. maybe later we can get a bite to eat.." i say, starting to think about what i actually want to do. "i dont know, what do you want to do?

"i havent been here long, i dont really know whats here."

"well, Michigan is not that exciting. we can...." i trail off, thinking of something we could do.

"wing it," he finishes. i looked at him with a confused face. "you know, like whatever comes to us. we can drive around and see whats going on today and then take it from there."

that actually sounds like a perfect idea.

"that sounds awesome. lets do it."
-------------
A/N
sooooo date thingy will be in the next updatee oooo
its currently 11:45 on the dot and yesterday i was halfway done with this chapter and i feel asleep.
im excited, i think i will do bos pov in the next or after the next chapter. i guess i just really am enjoying being the girl with bo rather than bo but idk i havnt written much bo so i cant really say.
im not making any sense now so just read and vote and stuff thanks
HMU // instagram ; @nickixphan