~ chapter thirteen ~

• Bo's POV •
"BO LOOK OUT!" Coraline shouts and points at the road. I swerve trying to avoid the oncoming minivan that ran a red light and is now going to have a head-on collision with us. Coraline quickly curse up into a little ball and shuts her eyes hard, covering her face with her arms. The van swerves in the same direction I did and there is no saving us from the crash. I grab the wheel with both hands and close my eyes as I brace myself for the worst.

I open my eyes slowly, about five minutes after the crash actually happened. I wake up to a slurring driver shaking me, trying to wake me up. I look at her and she is crying. She is slurring her words, obviously drunk but she is also foreign. She sounds Spanish, although she doesn't look Mexican at all. I turn over to Coraline, forgetting what just happened and see that she is sprawled across the front seat, airbags deflated in front of her. Still hurt and tired, i grab her hand and close my eyes for a second before realizing what just happened. I move around, un-clicking my seatbelt and stand up. I bend over in pain, grabbing at my broken ribs. Im having trouble breathing but I can't seem injured. I walk over to Coraline's door, observing my smashed car. I open her door and she tumbles out, unconscious. I can feel tear welling up in my eyes and one escapes. I hold her up, making her sit in the seat properly. "Please no.." I plead out. "Not Coraline.." I cry as i hold her. The Spanish woman comes and taps me on the shoulder trying to get my attention.

"Excuse me!" She says to me in a heavy Spanish accent. "Im so sorry about your car, I am trying to get it fixed.. It was my fault.. All my fault.." Shes also crying, but I don't care. It is all of her fault. She sounds drunk. Who even drinks during the day? Who drinks and drives during the day!? I choose not to say anything back because if I do I'll just start screaming.

I put my ear to Coralines chest, searching for a heartbeat. It's weak, but it's there. I reach over the to grab my phone, which is in the cup holder, and dial '911'.

"911, what is your emergency?" The operator says.

"My.. Girlfriend.." I say between heavy crying breaths. "We've been in a car accident and she has a weak pulse.." I spit out fast.

"Where are you sir?" I tell her my location. "We'll send help immediately. Thanks for calling," she says, but I don't even listen and hang up. Minutes pass and I hear sirens coming down the road. The Spanish woman is crying in her hardly damaged van.

An Ambulance and a couple police cars come and back up behind our car. I go over to them and take them to Coraline. They take her and put her in the ambulance, her body limp. I pace back and forth while they load her.

"Okay sir, we are going to take her to the hospital. You can come with while the police sort things out with the other person." I nod and follow them to the ambulance.

I sit and look at Coraline. I can see her chest moving and i tell the paramedics. "Guys look, she's breathing," i say, biting my nails. They go over and check on her. Her mouth opens and she gasps for air. Her eyes still not open, but breathing. We get to the hospital and they let her out first, then help me out. I feel dizzy, sick almost. I can't see, my vision is all blurry and I have a loss of breath. A paramedic takes my hand and helps me out, then rushing to the others with Coraline. I stumble as I walk, and I feel like falling down. My long legs are going in different directions until I got to a point where I couldn't even move. I fall to the ground while my blurry eyes try to get to the nearest bench outside. I climb up and sit down, taking a breath.

Why is it that every time i meet someone i really like, something goes wrong. She obviously doesn't drive because she's scared, and then i go and get in a car crash. When (because I know she will) she wakes up, she probably will never want to talk to me again. But I guess I deserve it. I just can't believe myself, how can I meet someone so perfect, but possibly lose them at the same place?

I stand up, regaining feeling in my body. I slowly start walking into the hospital.

"excuse me sir, do you need help?" The lady at the front desk gets up to help me.

"No, im fine. Just tell me where Coraline Peters is, please," i plead, hoping she knows where they took her.

"Im sorry but I can't tell you where she is staying. She is in critical condition." She furrows her eyebrows, looking scared by the aggressiveness in my voice.

I sign and look to the ground, then back up at her. "Please tell me where she is," I say, looking her directly in the eyes. "I need to see her."

-----------
Ahhhhh coralines POV next week! It's gonna be from the beginning of the crash until whenever I feel like ending. So be prepared and don't be confused..... I'll try to make it as not confusing as I can.,
ALSO I HAVE NEEVR BEEN IN THIS SITUATION I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT GOES ON MY ONLY EXPERIENCE IS ON TV SO DONT YELL AT ME
ALSO ALSO IM GOING TO FLORIDA NEXT WEEK SO I PROBABLY WONT UPLOAD NEXT WEEK SO IM GONNA UPLOAD ANOTHER CHAPTER THIS WEEK HOPE U LIKEY
HMUUUUU // insta: @nickixphan