~ chapter twenty two ~

• Bo's POV • * a couple weeks later*
Everything was going smooth between me a coraline. i did a stand up show, we made some extra dough. we eventually moved in with my dad, after he cooled down a bit. i figured he would. coraline was told she couldnt live in her house anymore and she was okay with that. she was 21. she could go where she wanted. its not even like my dad talks to us. he barely even knows her name.

anyways, we both live in the basement. we sleep in the same bed. it was my bedroom before my mom got hospitalized, but ive been staying with coraline so much it just turned into a storage space for the moment. now we share it.

everything was great.

"hey bo?" coraline says, startling me. we were laying in my bed, quietly. we had both just recently waken up.

"hmm?" i mumbled, still quite tired but not up for sleep.

she sits up and crosses her legs. this seems serious, its strange for her to act like this. "um, well.." she starts but trembles off.

"im kind of unhappy. " she blurts out, not looking me in the eye once.

"um, what? unhappy with what?" i take her hands in mine.

"with my life. everything. your the only thing i look forward to waking up to."

"coraline.. whats the matter? why do you feel like this?"

"i don't know, i guess everything just hit me. i mean, like a couple weeks ago. i haven't been able to think straight since. moving in with your father, with you, both my parents dead, not even getting one phone call about it. i don't know. i just, don't feel any energy anymore. i wake up in the morning and start to get going because your around. if i was by myself still, i probably wouldnt have left my room for days now. my appetite has gotten way smaller, and i get dizzy a lot. i dont know whats going on but i just thought you had the right to know. you are the only good thing in my life right now." not one tear shed from her eyes. i was tearing up.

she was right though, she really hasnt had as much energy in her, but ive only known her for a month or so, i thought maybe it was normal for her. how stupid of me i thought. the girl cuts herself and now shes not motivated to do anything. real smart, bonehead.

"have you been.." i didnt want to finish that sentence. i was too scared to hear the answer i think i already knew.

she nods her head.

"i wont even ask why, but you said you wouldnt..."

"i said i would try not to. i never said i would quit. i stopped for a good 3 weeks though, you should be proud." she says this with such pride, and even though shes trying to smile i cant hold my frustration in any longer.

i start to get angry. she shouldn't be doing anything to damage that perfect body, and i just cant help but raise my voice a little. "only 3 weeks? you could've gone longer. man, Coraline, I've been here for almost a month and a half and you haven't spoke to me about anything that crosses your mind. when you feel upset, TELL ME. don't just keep it hidden, i cant read minds. I'm disappointed in you." my voice got progressively louder and i didn't even realize how hurt she was. but i just had to keep on going. "you have a problem, yous hould talk to me. your depressed, okay, i get it. your parents, and moving in with me probably seems very fast a strange now but guess what! thats life coraline. you should toughen up." before i knew it, i spit those last words out. you should toughen up. im sure thats just what she wanted to hear. wow, toughen up. how harsh.

coralines jaw drops her jaw open and a tear slides down her face. shes searching to say for something to say, but instead she turns around and makes her way to the door.

"im so sorry, coraline i didnt-" i try to go and hug her but she runs away. i heard the front door slam shut. i start crying, really hard. i cant believe i just did that. i need to go find her.
---------------------
um 205 votes? are u guys crazy? thank you!! holy balls you are great!!!
also sorry for a short chapter, I've been having bad writers block and i cant think of anything else to say without making the chapter uber long soooo sorry. and i haven't been feeling the best (which i know i say all the time, but it's true) so writing doesn't necessarily help at all times. idk mans.
ITS MY FRIENDS BIRTHDAY TOMORROW GO WISH HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY IF YOU LVOE ME alikatk44 happy birthday ;)