~ chapter seven ~

• Coralines pov •
we arrive at the park and all the sudden i feel nervous. ive never been with a guy alone before. i just was never into talking t anybody i guess. i feel like im going to do something stupid, but then i think about what just happened. thats pretty embarrassing so anything after that will be pretty mild.

"im sorry about earlier," i say, stepping out of the car and going around meeting bo on the other side.

"its okay. it wasn't a problem, no need to say sorry."

he was truly amazing. just standing there i felt the urge to hold his hand, like we were close enough to do so already. i wanted to snuggle and cuddle and hug and kiss and just be in his arms but we literally just met. maybe im just thinking like that because nobody's ever done that and i feel like bo truly cares. thats probably it.

"so.. did you wanna talk about it?" he asks slowly. he seems nervous. his hands are in his pockets and his voice is shaky.

"i guess i will," i sigh and begin. "when you left me, i felt like maybe since you were seeing your mom i should go see mine. i felt like i would be okay enough but i guess not. i just saw them there, so peaceful, dead-like, i just wanted to tell them everything ive been feeling inside for so long. it felt really good at first. but then i looked at them again," i sigh again. i feel myself starting to cry so i keep my eyes to the ground, same to where his were. "they were so quiet. i thought they were actually dead. i felt a bolt of joy form inside but then i realized they are my parents and if i lose them, i have no one. thats where half the crying was going, but also because of the yelling. i just wanted to ask why they always had to go out every weekend, why they couldn't get a ride home, all that kind of stuff." i look at bo, who is still looking at the ground. i admire his beauty for a second, then return to me story. "to be honest, im glad the nurses pulled me away but i didn't even know they were. i kind of snapped back into reality when i saw you. i heard you yelling my name but i just couldn't calm down, you know? you know how anger does that thing were you can keep stuff inside for so long then all the sudden you just break down when you can? well, that happened to me. i dont have anyone to talk to so i just keep everything inside and it gets frustrating, and right then was just the perfect time to say everything. but then i saw your face. nothing mattered to me at that moment. i didn't want you to see me like that. and im telling the truth but you were the only thing i could focus on." i decide to stop it there, because i don't want to seem too clingy or obsessed, i might come off as creepy. i shouldn't have even said that much but it just came out.

i look up at him and he looks at me. i put a small little smile on because hes smiling. "you scared me so much when i heard your voice, then all those nurses rushing to come calm you, something kind of just took over i guess. i didnt even remember to see my mom."

i look at him and my smile disappears. he didnt even see his mom. see what i do to people? i cant do anything right. he didnt even see his mom, what if he really wanted to? everything always has to be about me. me, me, me.

he mustve noticed i was thinking because he said my name. "coraline? you okay?"

"mm? yeah, im okay.." i say trailing off, just thinking about how horrible i am. "im so sorry you didnt see your mom.."

"what? is that what your thinking about? no, dont worry about it. i didnt really even want to see her i jsut thought it would be morefor her benefit. i dont like either of my parents really," he said. he sounded truthful, so i just decided to drop it for now, even though i would probably think about it again later tonight.

we hear a noise while walking past the woods and i get closer to him. i heard something else and then, without meaning to i locked arms with him. not like best friend like, like im scared, please protect me kind of like. he didnt say anything, and i thought since i was scared maybe ill jsut keep it like this.

i suggest we should maybe go sit down on a bench. im feeling kind of dizzy today, ever since i ran into bo. of course, bo being bo, said 'whatever i wanted'.

"so tell me about yourself, coraline. i want to know your life story," bo says, kidding. i smile a little and lean into him, almost resting my head of his shoulder.

"well, my full name is coraline anne peters. i am 21 years old. i plan to go to collage soon, but right now there are other things on my mind. i had a sister, but she was never born. my mom had a miscarrage at like 3 months or something. i was young then, but i remember being pretty bummed because i was looking forward to a young sister. my parents havnt tried since, but, since then they have gone out every weekend. i dont have any friends. i mostly spend my days under the blanket, only the laptop screen lighting my face. its a great experience. oh, and my favorite color is black."

"sounds like a fun life, miss peters." bo says sarcastically.

i look at him, pondering if i should say something about me watching what 90 times a month and if i should keep it a secret. i feel as if now its unfair, but if i tell him later he could get really mad at me.

"hey bo?" i have to tell you something, and i really hope you dont freak out. do you promise you won't leave?" why did i say that? oh my god. im really worried now, i should've just never have told him.

"of course, what is it?" he says, turning my way. i cant see him very well but i can tell that he is concerned.

i shake my head. how do i even say this?

it wont be a big deal, he wont care.

Right?
-----------------
ooooo minor cliffhanger....... not really...... but kind of.....
anyways guys. its almost 12 am and i dont have school tomorrkw bc the wind chills. i wanna write so much tomorrow so expect an update soon. idk if im gonna do it tomorrow though, because i feel lke im updating a lot which i dont really want to do but ya knkw i get excited.
well. i hope you liked this chapter. i feel like they are getting worse but i swear they will get good.
eventually.
HEY HOW ABOUT YOU VOTE AND ADD TO LIBRARY FHAT WOULD MAKE ME HAPPY
HMU THO //
insta: nickixphan // tumblr: phantasictroyler (spelling!!!)