~ chapter eight ~

• coralines pov •
there is no getting out of this now, i have to tell him now. or, i could make something up real quick. no, what am i saying? hes gonna get mad at me! whatever i do, ill have to do it fast, because hes looking me in the eyes. god, those eyes. his brows were furrowing, creating a look of worry upon his face. how could i feel this way already? i just met this man.

"coraline?" he says, snapping me out of my senses.

i think quick, wondering what either will turn out to be. "it migt not be a big deal now, but it could be and i dont really knwo how you will react but i know if i wait to tell you, you will probably be even more mad than you would be if i told you now-" i say rambling on. i jsut never shut up.

"just spit it out, coraline," bo chuckles. this wasnt a cute chuckle or a worry chuckle, it was a harsh chuckle which i took kind of rude like. i was taken back for a second but i know after all this build up hes probably just annoyed so i dont hold on to it.

"well, i know your full name is bo burnham. i know youre a comedian, i used to watch you a lot when i was in a tougher time in my life." i cant even look at him because i feel so stupid. i feel like after all this build up, this is nothing. but what i said was half a lie. i watch him on a daily basis because hes the only one i know to make me genuinly happy. i know al the words to his songs, and i have bought every song on itunes. you could say im an obsessed teen fangirl, i consider myself more of a sad lonely teenager that has nothing better to with her life, so she watches cute comedians all day.

he smiles. "thats it?" he shakes his head, kind of laughing.

"well, um, that and, um, i may or may not know all the words to your songs..." i say, mentally hitting myself.

he hugs me. the last thing i ever thought he would do, just happened. "thats the sweetest thing ive ever heard," he says, his arm still around me. im a bit taken back at this.

"really? god, i thought you were gonna be mad. thanks, for not being mad," i say, resting my head on his shoulder out of relief.

"why would i ever be mad? it makes me so happy that you watched me while you were sad! it makes me feel like ive done what i needed to do. i sound so sappy. but its true." he says. he pauses, and i figure hes thinking of what he wants to say next so i dont interrupt. "im so glad i could please you." he winks at me. typical bo, i think.

we stay in that position for a while, in silence. we are both smiling, and to anybody passing we would look like a couple. but, nobody was passing by. it was almost midnight by the time we talked and everything, so lucky for me, there was nobody here.

"as much as i love the park at night, I'm getting kind of cold and tired of the dark. do you want to go back to my house or do you want to go to your house and drop me off or you can leave me here if you want," i say, expecting him to say 'whatever you want'.

"lets go to your place, i don't want to be there when my dad comes back. if he comes back. i would love to learn more about you." with that last statement, he made me blush. nobody has ever been so sweet to me, ever. how can somebody that I've been watching for years just appear in my life at the right moment? it was way to good to be true.

i nod, glad he didn't see me blushing, as we were in the dark. he takes off his jacket as were getting up and wraps it around me. "thank you," i say, subtly. its such a cliche thing i always see in movies but it makes me feel all fluttery inside because nobody's ever done it. he just takes my hand and leads me to the car. he opens my door, lets me get in and shuts it, walking over to his door. what a gentleman, i think. he's definitely a keeper.

while his door was open and the light was on, i look down and see "what." in his open glove compartment. i pick it up and flip it around, thinking of all the songs in my head. i look at him with a "you really have your own cd?" kind of look, and he just shrugs. "I'm really good, what can i say?" he laughs and i cant help but laugh back. he turns it on and starts singing the songs. "c'mon Coraline, you said you know them. sing along!" he looks at me. "please?" he says and pulls a pouty lip. i look down and look back at him, who is now watching the road. what the heck.

"I SAW AN OLD MAN GET HIT BY A TRAIN...HE DIDNT SEE IT IN THE POURIN RAIN. HE DIDNT HEAR ME SHOUT LOOK OUT FOR WHAT TRAIN..." we both look at each other. "cause i didn't say anything" we both sing. we both start laughing at each other.

i stop singing for a second just to soak everything in. my parents are possibly dead, my idol came up to me while i was crying and actually wanted to hear about me and now were singing along to his songs. bo takes me hand, noticing my silence. he doesn't say anything, but he squeezes my hand. his eyes are on the road but i can see him smiling. i smile. yeah, this is definitely our thing.
--------------
aye, how about that for a chapter? i think i didn't pretty decent. i didn't really have an idea on what else to write about, so i kinda just made that.
i have decided to update once a week. it will most likely be sun-Thursdays, but who knows. i feel like updating every night is a little excessive. maybe some weeks i will update twice a week, but only if i have a lot to write and i want it to get moving. and such.
thanks for reading!! vote, comment, add to library, do whatever. or don't. its ur life.
HMU
insta: @nickixphan