~ chapter fifteen ~

• Bo's POV •
"Excuse me sir, I know she means a lot to you but the doctors are working on her right now! You can not go see her right now. Try in an hour or two," she says, becoming more aggressive.

An hour or two? What is she, crazy? I can't wait that long! "Is there any way to get me in sooner?" I say, trying to stay calm.

"Maybe if you stick around i can get you in before an hour. Only because you made such an effort to see this girl, you deserve it," she sighs and releases the tension in her face.

"Thank you."

I go and sit down in the lobby and start to think about random things. I wonder how my parents are doing. I hope they're not too worrie-

That's perfect! I can go see my mom for half an hour then maybe Coraline will be ready!

"Hey, sorry to bother you again, but is there a Patricia Burnham here?" I ask, hoping for the positive reply.

"Yes she is, and you can actually see her. She is in room 13, down that hall, to the right." The lady points and smiles. I say thank you again and head down there.

As I walk down there i stop by Coralines parents room and it's empty. My heart drops. They either moved, which is highly unlikely, or got better in a night without calling Coraline and came home. But if they passed, wouldn't they have called Coraline anyways?

I continue on walking, sad. Think positive, I say to myself. Maybe they're actually getting better and moved them to a better care facility.

I reach my moms room and peak my head in. She's awake, but she looks dead. Her skin is losing color and she is staring straight up. The bruises from my dad appear visibly because of the color of her skin. I can see cuts on her arms, and I know that she did that to herself. We never spoke about it, but I've been around long enough for my dad to complain to her about it.

"Hey, mom.." I say quietly, walking through the door.

Her head turns my way and a huge smile appears on her face. "Pete! Why are you here? You should be at school!" My smile disappears as she says this. She thinks im my brother. She's not even that old, she can't be going crazy already..

"No, mom, it's Bo. You know.. Robert?" I say, pretending to itch my neck. It got awkward, fast.

"Oh, Bo! Pardon me. I could've sworn you were Pete!" She laughs and holds her arms out for a hug. I laugh nervously and give her a hug. im scared her minds going..

"How have you been lately?" I ask, starting conversation.

"Oh, you know, chained to a hospital bed. So great. How have you been? Why did You leave so abruptly last night?" She asks, looking directly at me.

i debate whether or not i should tell her about coraline, ive always been able to tell her about anything but i am 23 now, i dont really need to tell her about everything that happened in my life. i dont answer quick enough so she starts talking.

"the nurses came in last night to tell me ere was a big tiff in the other room, down the other hall," she says, pointing to Coralines parents room, making it awkward for me. i think back to last night, how scared coraline looked, how much she hated her parents, and the worst-her tears. they were doming down soo fast, and i could tell she had so many problems. i shouldve asked her about them. about her life, why she was so angry at them, i should have done so many things that night.

"bo, honey?" my mom interrupts, noticing my lack of speaking. "are you okay?"

"yeah its just-" i stop. what am i even gonna say? shes looking at me now, listening. she clearly wants to know. "i left last night because i met somebody. that somebody was coraline, who jsut so happened to be the girl who caused the 'tiff'. i was on my way to the cafeteria, and i saw her crying in the hallway, and she looked really upset so i went up to her and talked to her and stuff.." i was blushing now, remembering how i felt at that moment. i loved it, and it was like love at first sight. "i took her to the cafeteria and we talked, then she wanted to go somewhere to get away from her parents but the police officer drove her here so i offered her a drive somewhere. she didnt want to see her parents, so i told her i was gonna see you, and she chose to sstay behind. i was halfwya to you, then that happened, and i thought it would be best to get her out of here. thats why i didnt see you last night.." i say, not looking her in the eyes.

"ohh bo a giiirl!!!" she exclaims, looking excited. i smile. "well im glad you helped her. where is she now?"

i sigh, losing my happiness. "shes here.. we got in an accident."

"oh bo! are you okay! what happened?"

"im fine, shes not. i was waiting to see her, but the desk lady wont let me."

"aw honey it will be okay! she will be jsut fine!" shes tries to comfort me but its not working.

then a familiar voice comes booming into the room.

"HELLO, FAMILY."
------
ok honestly how confusing was this bc idk if it was good or not but likeeee idk.
im on a three hr drive to a diff hotel in florida so i thought i would finish this chapter and write a couple more. idek what day it is.
ok welllll hope you like ittttttttt
hmu// instagram- @nickixphan