~ chapter nineteen ~

• Coralines POV •
* the day after coraline leaves the hospital *
"Bo, why are you so quiet today?" I asked him. We just got back from the hospital yesterday, and bo had been quiet ever since then. It's like he wants to ask me something but he can't bring himself to it. We were at my house, or my soon to not be house. We were watching tv on the couch in my basement. I was resting my head on his shoulder, and his head was gently resting ontop of mine. His right arm was over me, and his left hand lay in his lap, where i poke and touch and draw circles in his palm. Honestly, I don't what we are, and im too scared to ask.

"Just thinking. Am I acting different?" He says softly, groggily, but he wasn't even sleeping. I can feel his cheeks tighten and I can tell he's smiling.

"Why are you smiling?"

"How could you tell?"

"Im a mind reader," I say and smile. We don't pick our heads up, they just remain on top one another.

"I don't know. Im just lucky."

I roll my eyes and stop playing with Bo's hand. I decide to tell him.. About me.

"Hey, Bo, can we talk for a second?"

He lifts his head up almost instantly, reaching for he remote and turning the tv off. "What's up?" He says, adjusting himself so he can see me. I also reposition myself so now I'm sitting cross legged, looking at him.

Well, im not really looking at him. I can't bring myself to. Im just facing in his direction.

"Are you alright, coraline?" He asks, lifting my chin up to look at him. He's wearing his glasses and his hair is a little messy but honestly it's his hottest look. His gorgeous greenish blueish eyes, tasseled hair, roundish rectangularish glasses, his thin lips (that are very irrisistable to kiss), his perfect teeth, and his amazing jawline just make him so incredibly attractive it's hard not to just smother him in kisses.

"I just," i take a deep breath. "I don't know. Never mind. Let's just watch tv again." I reach for the remote but bo grabs my hand.

"Just tell me," he says with a concerned look on his face. He grabs both my hands and holds them. He looks genuinely interested, which makes him even more incredibly attractive.

I decide to just spit it out. "I know we've only known each other for nary a week, but I feel so connected to you. Like you were one of my best friends and we just met again. I don't know if it's because you were there when you didn't even know you were there, or if it's just because you seem to care so much more than anybody else I've ever talked to in my life or what but I just feel so emotionally attached to you and I just want to tell you everything and I just have a feeling you won't leave but I have my doubts and my demons who say you will, and how your lying when you say im beautiful, and how your just using me, but idk what you would be using me for. Im not really good for anything.

"But anyways, back to the point, I just want to show you something and then just like share stories because I want to get to know you. Please don't make a big deal out of it, and I'm almost positive you have seen it because of the hospital gown but I just think i should tell you and give you reasons."

I let go of his hands and I pull up my sleeves and look at him. He doesn't seemed surprised, and then I knew he had already known.

"I did see them at the hospital. Why do you do it?"

Oh god, I think. Not this stupid talk. You shoudlnt hurt yourself, it doesn't do anything, blah blah blah...

"I won't pester you about it but now you have me and hopefully we can fix it. Can you please just try not to do it for as long as im around?" He says, looking My in the eyes instead of eyeing up my scars, which is extremely respectable.

"I promise," i mumble. It's barely audible but I don't expect him to stick around much longer after he knows me well.

He takes my hands, still not staring, and his face is suddenly coming closer to mine. He snags a kiss on my cheek and smiles. I blush, and I can't help my smile also. God, he is such a cutie. Why me though? He must have billions of girls waiting to be his girlfriend.

He winks at me and turns the tv off. "C'mon." He gets up off the couch, holding his hand out for me.

"What?"

"Just come with me. Please. In a non creepy way. C'Mon cor."
---------------------
AYEEE how short was that? To short? Idk. Sorry for this lame chapter i just wanted coraline to tell him and I wanted to get out of that hospital i was getting bored.
AND YES COR IS BOS NICKNAME FOR CORALINE ITS SO CUTE I JUST AHH I SHIP MY OWN CHARACTERS
thanks so much for 140 votes, and 2.7k reads. You guys are honestly amazing and if weren't for you, I wouldn't be here. So thank you.
If you guys ever need to talk to someone just pm me or DM me on INSTA (@nickixphan) or anything. I can't guarantee I'll give great advice but I will always listen.
ALSO WHEN I SAID "I HAVE MY OWN DEMONS" I GOT THAT FORM YM FRENDS BOOK BC ITS A GREAT IDEA GO READ IT THANKSSSSSSSS alikatk44 ITS A 5SOS FANFIC BUT YOULL LOVE IT EVEN IF YOU HATE THEM SO GO TAKE A LOOK
ok sorry for the long authors note, butttt jsut saying again thank YALL. Yall are great.