~ chapter sixteen ~

• bos pov •
oh my god, not my dad. how did he even get here? i didnt think he was allowed to drive..

he scares both of us with his extremely loud voice, i jump and turn around.

"where were you last night, boy? i wanted to kiss you goodnight!" he says, smiling, making me scared. hes never said anything like that to me, he only ever does things to my mom. which is not okay either.

i didnt answer so he came closer to me. "i cant touch your mom anymore but nobody ever said anything about you..." he came up and slapped me across the face. i fell over in pain, it stung so much. he kicked me lightly and left the room.

"bo oh my god are you okay?" my mom says, helpless.

"yeah im fine. i have to go now, ill come back later," i say, rushing out of the room.

i run to the bathroom, i feel like im bleeding. i felt his fingernail scrape along my cheek. i enter the bathroom and notice immediately my red cheek. theres no blood, but there are scratches. i dont want coraline to see me like this, it has to get better. i peel of the skin hanging fromt he scratches and sit on a toilet. after about 10 or 15 minutes, it went from firetruck red to a redish-pink. i decide to wait another couple minutes but then go to see coraline. shes the only one i want to see right now, the only one that can make me happier.

i walk out of the bathroom, and take the long way to avoid walking past my moms room. i go to the lobby and the same lady is sitting at her desk, typing and writing. "did a big burley man that came in here leave?" i ask, wondering if he's still wandering the halls.

"um, yes, he did. he looked angry.." she said, barely looking up from her keyboard.

"okay, well can i see coraline now? ive waited too long," i ask, not wanting to take no for an answer.

she sighs really loudly and looks up at me. she dials some number and asks if visitors are welcome now and hangs up. "you can go in," she says, looking at me with a fake smile. as soon and shes done with her sentence she returns smile-less to her computer screen. "room 21."

i nod and leave. she was way more rude just then than the first time i talked to her.

i think about coralines parents, how will i tell her? well, theyre not really dead. i mean, they might be. but they would have told her wouldnt have they? maybe it just happened today and they were just waiting. maybe they tried and she just didnt answer. maybe..

no, i need to stop. nothing happened. i need to pay attention to the rooms.

i find room 21 and peek my head in. she is asleep but the doctors are huddled around her.

"hows she doing?" i ask, wiggling into the herd of doctors.

"shes alright. she jsut needs to sleep, although she has been off and on. im not going to force her to but i will encourage it," one of the doctors say. a bunch of them leave after a while of us just standing in silence and looking at her sleeping. the one doctor who remains also leaves so im just left alone. "make sure she dosnt start screaming or getting angry, if she does just call me in here. she cant have her heart go too fast." i nod and the doctor exits the room.

i pull up a chair next to coraline and grab her hand. i squeeze it, hoping that will wake her up so i can talk to her for a little bit, but after it doesn't i just end up holding it. i observe her closer and realize this is the first time shes ever worn short sleeves around me. i look at her arms and notice why.

scars. fresh ones, old ones, everything. i even see bruises and burns but there are only a couple. i let go of her hand and cover my mouth so i dont say anything bad. all i can think about is why. why on eart would this be a valid option? whenever i do meetups i always see a couple people, boys and girls, who have scars but usually there not very fresh. coraline has many fresh and old. i cant tell how old the newest ones are but im assuming a couple days, maybe a week or two. but why?

theres a war going on in my mind-do i say something? do i jsut not aay anything, pretend it never happened? should i jsut wait for her to say something about them?

i literally and freaking out about it when coraline wakes up. she rustles a little bit, probably expecting doctors, but instead getting me. "oh, hello..?" she says, jumping back a little, startled by how close i am. she quickly realizes shes exposed and puts her arms under the blankets casually.

i ignore it, deciding to let her say something first. "hey coraline, how are you feeling?" i say calmly, slowly, careful of her pulse.

"um, im alright i guess? i just dont like hospitals.." she says, obviously still tired.

"ill try to get you out as soon as possible. i dont really like hospitals either," i say, wanting to grab her hand, hold it, and never let go of it.

"why are you acting so weird?" she says, looking me in the eyes, her eyebrows furrowing.

"im not acting weird?" i say, hoping she dosent pick up on why i actually am.

she must forget her arms were very visible because she says, "i already know my parents are gone, you dot have to 'break it to me'."

"they are? how do you know?" i ask, thinking about earlier when i saw their room, now empty.

"i had a feeling."

i dont reply, instead i just look at her closely. she is so beautiful, even in a hospital bed. no broken bones form the crash, but even with she would still be stunning. her eyes look sad, the same way they looked when i first saw her on the floor in the hallway. her face is very white now, but her skin is a gorgeous glowing pale usually.

"what?" she says smiling, tilting her head just a bit. she was so cute.

"you," i say, blushing without looking away.

"me?"

"yes, you, you dork." i say, coming a bit closer to her. im practically standing on top of her. "you are just so stunning."
-----------------
ahhhh bo is so cute guys i jsut look at him and think like wow do you guys get me like wow he is so attractive and perfect and ugh i love bo
HMU// instagram: @nickixphan