~ chapter twenty-six ~

• Coralines POV •
he looked truly sorry, hurt and sadness all in his eyes. the nurse was quite muscular, not my kind of attractive but somewhat good looking. his hands covered his mouth, and i assume he's sort of sensitive.

"your mom, as you know, had a.. quite rare condition..." the nurse started, but bo cut him off.

"what was it?" Clueless, bo looked at the nurse with wet eyes. he's not exactly emotional, but shaky.

"she had leukemia, or more commonly known as blood cancer. you... didnt know?" the nurse was surprised.

bo looked at me, stood up, sat back down, scooted over to me, and hugged me. i gave the nurse a look that said "come back in a few". i could feel my shirt getting wet and i knew he was crying really hard. i try to comfort him but its so hard, i am literally the worst person to talk to. i just hug back, tell him it will be okay. i mean i lost both my parents, i'm alright!

Bo released from the hug, cheeks slightly wet. "uh, im sorry.." he tried to apologize, but i gave him a look and he knew he didn't have to. he stood up and walked toward the nurse, collecting himself while i follow. "do you think..." he looked away. "maybe could i..." i dont know why, but bo could not seem to get the words out of his mouth.

obviously, being the bearer of bad news, the nurse knew what he wanted and granted the wish. we walked toward her room, and there she was. bo kneeled next to her, which made them about eye level. i stood by the wall, rubbing bos back when i felt it was necessary. not much was said outloud, but i knew was he was saying to her on the inside. a couple tears slid down my cheeks when finally bo stood up and said that we should go.

bo didn't look away from the road through the whole drive to his house, and when we got inside he just sat his keys down and looked at me, like he wanted to say something but didn't know what.

i looked at the clock, hoping it was later than what it was, 1 pm. "sooo what do you want to do now? we can go somewhere, eat, do whatever..." i start to say, trying to get him in a better place. i know his mom just died so i doubt he wants to go anywhere but i'm not good at cheering people up, i'm literally the worst.

"um, i really don't want to go anywhere right now but if you're hungry you can eat, i think i'll pass," Bo says, starting his way downstairs.

well what do you want me to do here bo? i think. i don't want to eat either, i want you to be happy.

i follow him downstairs and find him on the couch, staring at the black tv screen. "do you want to talk?" like i said, i'm terrible at this stuff. nobody has ever been so close and i am seriously deprived of social skill.

"not really. i kind of just want to be left alone..."

i start walking up the stairs, a little sad. did he just reject me? in a weird bo way? i just wanted to make him feel better..

"but i want you."

i stop in my tracks and smile like an idiot. "do you really?" i say, my back still facing him, making sure he wasn't just saying that to make me feel better.

i hear him get off the couch but still don't turn around just yet. he's trying to sneak up on me. i turn around right when i hear him behind me and scare him. he grabs me by my waist and i curl up in his arms as we both laugh, and he drags me to the couch. he throws me down and he's about to lay on me until i slide out and he flops on the couch and i sit on him.

"aw, you looked like a confused whale!" i say. he chuckles but he's too busy trying to get me off, he gets on his knees and hands and i'm still on top of him until he swings me off and i land on the ground. "OW! Bo! ouch!" i say, 'hurt'.

"oh no, are you okay? i didn't mean to-" he reaches to help me up but i pull him down, (yes that cliché movie moment, [insert groan here]) and he comes toppling down on me. i forget how big and bony he is until he lands right on me. we both end up laying on the floor, facing each other, our hands intertwined.

i smile to myself and Bo asks whats so funny. i think this huge dork is all mine, but lie and say nothing.

he starts to smile and i ask him whats so funny, and he says, "you're so cute. i'm so glad you're mine."

--------------
ITS UP WOW LETS NOT TALK ABOUT ME BEING BAD HAHAHA HOPE U ENJOYED BYe