~ chapter twenty seven ~

• Coralines POV •
lately, i feel the days have been better. when we got home, he seemed perfect. we cuddled for a day and then all the sudden, boom, he's out. he gets hit with a wave of depression and realization that he no longer has a mom to come home to or visit at a hospital. bo has not come out of the house, let alone downstairs since his mom died, last week. its been a whole week and he has done nothing but mope around, barely eating or even walking. i try and push him to go somewhere or do something, anything other then be sad all day, but he won't budge.

i went straight from both of my parents dying to moving in with bo and i am alright. bo still has his dad, even though crappy, he's still here, breathing and alive, but bo refuses to do anything. i even tried to get his dad down here to convince him it would all be alright.

"Bo, you need to get up and do something, sitting around here is not going to make you feel better." Bo's dad tries, but gets nowhere. bo continues to stare straight ahead, as if hes watching tv but nothing is on.

i thanked his dad for trying, but it was a sad effort. he obviously doesn't care much and i can tell why bo isn't the biggest fan of him, but he did say it which i thought was nice.

"okay, bo. i've tried to be nice. but now, the guns come out." i say, getting up and stand infront of him.

he looks up at me. "what are you doing?" he asks, looking blankly at me. this is the first time he has looked at me while talking and i see his face for the first time in a couple days. his eyes are red, but also black. the underneath is horribly baggy, but red like he'd been crying, but he hadn't. his mouth is all red around the edges, and his knees are tucked into his chest. he was rest his chin on them until i started to talk. he is not wearing his glasses, nor contacts, so he can't see very well. his hair is a mess, all oily and all over the place.

"Bo, look at you! your mom died last week. i offered my condolences and now its time to get up and do something. i understand that everybody handles things differently, but look at me. my parents died simultaneously and i bounced back in a couple days, moved in with you and did not act like you are acting right now. on the inside i was in pain but i didn't let it show! i was with you and that was all that mattered to me. you are all i have and if your going to act like this, i'm obviously not the same to you. i have tried to get you up, active, doing something with me but you literally will not say a word or move. 'lets watch a movie!' you mumble a 'nah' and then thats that because i don't want to bother you. but now, I'm not scared of bothering you. its time to get your head in the game."

Bos position has not changed during this speech, but his face has. its looks sad, but a different sad than before. a sorry sad. it lightens up near the end as he says "you end that on a high school musical quote?" his legs get down on the ground, toes touching mine, and he gets up. he stretches, and all the sudden wraps his long arms around me. "i needed that." he says while he tries to nestle in my neck crack. its difficult, obviously because of height difference, but he manages. i smile, kind of confused and surprised that worked. i slowly wrap my arms around him and bury my face in his chest. god, i missed his hugs.

hugging someone tall and thin is the nicest thing ever to me. you can get your arms all the way wrapped around them, squeeze them and it wont make them pop. and with the height, you can bury your face into their chest. and its a huge plus if they smell really good. in this case, he doesn't, but he has before and man its the best. i never realized how much i need his hugs before and man, i'm sure glad i have them.

we release but he takes a hold of my hands and looks at me. "i'm still sad, but you sure did help. it sounds fake but the whole time you were helping. i like how you gave me space but i don't think thats what i need. what i need is a kick in the pants and to get my head in the game." he laughs at that last part. "but really, a high school musical quote?"

there he is, i think. theres my bo. not entirely himself, but just enough. i missed you, bo.

i forget i was looking at him and also smiling while i was thinking that, and now we are awkwardly staring at each other. "now i wanna watch high school musical," i say, as i scrunch my face up and come closer to bo. both of our hands are together and now so are our chests.

"we could have a marathon," bo suggests. his face looks much brighter now, eyes still droopy and mouth still red but not as sad as it once was.

"do you really want that?" i say, looking away from his face and resting my head on his chest. i take my hands out of his and wrap them around his back, and he does the same.

"does it really matter what i say?" he laughs to himself, and i can feel it on my ear. i love he listen to his heart beat. its very calming. its also very sad though, what if one day, it wont be me listening to his heart beat? what if one day, he doesn't even have one? it makes me wonder, but i will always love the sound of it while its here and i have it.

"no, i pretty much deserve it." i grin to myself. we stay wrapped in each other for a couple minutes, both of us basking in each other presence. i haven't had time to be with the actual bo lately, and this is very nice.

we untangle ourselves and decide we should make a pillow fort. (another cliché omg im sorry) bo gathers everything he can find downstairs, and i order a pizza as a surprise. he hasn't eaten a meal in a week, so i think he should be okay with eating at least a slice. i meet him downstairs to set it up and it looks amazing. "just like we were kids." he says, us hugging again. a short hug, which made me sad but soon we would be under there together with a pizza, watching high school musical.

i know that bo is still broken. so am i. i never really truly recovered from both my parents dying, it was tragic but it might of been for the better. there are still tons of things to learn about bo, same goes for me. I'm dying to learn them. bo will be okay, i'm almost positive of it. i know bo can bounce back alright, and like he said, all he needed was a kick in the pants.

he just had to get his head in the game.
--------------
ayeee lookie there two chapters in a week
((also this is not the end, i read it back and it sounds like it but its not))