Chapter 6

What's the formula for the sphere? Something with π and 4/3...Uhhhh, hilarious! I don't even remember the formula for the sphere, seriously? I was going insane.

Jet barked again that minute because he wanted me to play instead of studying. I smiled affectionately for him and told him, "Jet bro, see it's important to study so we go give exams, we pass with brilliant numbers and we get to achieve time, loads of time for playing and running, okay? So, you go get some chips and I'll be there soon. I promise we'd watch a movie too when I'd get rid of this. You understanding?"

I asked gently. Jet nodded not by face but with tail, so I got that he understood, and then he left the room, while I was still wondering how understanding he was when something clicked to me.

"Jett!!" I called," Wait, come back here".

Of course, without hesitation, he came running. He looked happy.

"Jet, how did you lead me to the storeroom? I mean how come you knew about it? And why did you drag me out of the room the other minute and didn't let me discover further?" Of course, there were so many questions, how could he answer, so instead I ran into the lounge where grandma was reading the reader's digest and grandpa was watching breaking News about some Britain stuff with the apple in his one hand and my video game in other...

"Whoa, kiddo. Are you going to play?" asked Grandpa, offering me my video game.

"No, I was studying. We have exams starting over." I replied and sat beside him on the couch.

"Oh, great. Then why are you here? Aren't you supposed to study?" he asked.

"I did."

"What's the matter, Jasper?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can."

"Grandpa, who was Ava William?"

Grandpa and grandma stared at me.

"Jasper? What are you talking about?" Grandma asked.

"Grandma, I was just asking. I saw her name written somewhere. Just asking, is she your relative?" I regretted the moment I asked about Ava William. Why the hell was I so nervous? But then again I asked out loud, "you both tell me who she is. Who my family is? Tell me all about it. You can't keep hiding it!"

"Jasper, she was the daughter of your Grandpa's cousin and she died years ago." Grandma fixed her gaze back on her book. She fixed her glasses and I saw her lips moving, murmuring probably about the new generation's teenagers who cant hold off their temper against their old grandparents. I glanced at Grandpa and realized he was also looking at Grandma, then on the floor.

"Okay then, I think I need to revise some more chapters. Good Night, Grandpa. Good Night Grandma. It's okay if you guys want to keep everything hidden from me. I am still a child after all. It's okay." I was angry and I thought they'd take it. 

"Good Night, Jasper." they both said in unison. I stopped dead in my world. I tried to emotionally blackmail them, but it went useless.

I gazed down at my lap, and then got on my feet and started to take steps towards my room. That night I wanted to only concentrate on my studies. I didn't want to fail. That would hurt my reputation in school. Just to make it clear, I don't study because I want to build a damn future but because I am the owner of luxurious videogames set up with an inventing room where the engineering stuff recycles and also I am the coolest guy at school. And also because the ones closest to me have the benefit of using free NetFlix. 

After half an hour or so, someone knocked on my room door. I got up and unlocked it. It was Grandpa. He usually used to tell me stories when I was young, but now I was a big kid and well, maybe a kid after all...