Chapter 26

"Well, what are you going to do now? Do you still don't believe him? If not for him, you possibly are not thinking Jingles would lie, do you?" Charlotte was asking. "After the flames' monogram, I had to believe it all, but there was something inside me telling me that if I believe it...every creature in here would turn against me," I thought.

"It's just something that tells me this is not something I should believe." I simply told her. Besides being a sister to my best friend, she was a helper meaning good at understanding people. That night I was staying with Charlotte. "Do I just leave with him like this?" I asked suddenly.

"Look, Elvina. Have you ever tried to talk to Lady Nimue about it? Listen, I can understand what you must be feeling, but the truth is that this IS the truth. You have to believe it. Jasper. I talked to him about it the night before you visited. He would never give up no matter what. He feels you are part of his family and this is his complete right to take you home or keep you in safety." She admitted. 

"Elvina, you are a warrior and a warrior is keen to exist utterly on the true side. What did Prince Jeremy do? He defended the true side with mother Amelia against his parents. His parents being your grandparents. Do you have proof that determines that Lady Nimue is correct? That Prince Jeremy and King Oliver's last moments of life were wrong? That all of them, prove they have been wrong? If you don't have faith in Jingles and Jasper's words how can you say that you are right too? That your insights say that you should not believe them? Can you express it? Any Memory? If you can say that Jasper is wrong, then prove yourself right. Can you?" She scrutinized. I was fearful I had no answers.

"Then, do I just go with him? I am the one who is supposed to be a protector of the area, do I leave the people on behalf of nobody? Whoever the outer force be tryná kill my reign?" I questioned, dumbfounded.

"What are they afraid of? Your reign is in no danger. No enemies. "

"But, Ma'a said there would be a time when enemies would try to overcome the place and I trained all my life just for that time. What about it? We assumed Jasper the evil one and I still consider him wrong, but there has to be someone Maá trained me for if he is not. All my life I wasn't running for just being fake!"

"Indeed, your Ma'a was pointing at the other half of you. How are duplicate custodians going to fight without their own defense? How are you going to fight without a shield and only with a sword? Can the warriors of truth get themselves injured and wounded, and after that, can they carry on? No. The truth would be killed forever. The other half of you. She was asking you to fight with a sword. Sister, believe it or not, she was afraid you both would find the truth and fight against her. That's why she wanted to take you both in the first place, but she was able to take you only. Why? Why did she give you such a position? So that you could live in her favor. So that you would not bite her finger and instead like a pet, do what she says. Have you ever won an argument with her?" Charlotte's world intoxicated my lungs. I was in the middle of what you call life and death, when Jasper jolted himself in, getting me against him more. Just the right time for the wrong thing.

Then, jingles and Kringles entered the room and they came in with a golden pearl in their hand, unlike the white glowing one on Jingles' head.

They both placed their hands on it and recited some magic chants which went across my head. Then, at the same time, the pearl stopped glowing. It went up in the air. And opened like a flower's petal and then a scroll popped out. I was wondering what this was when Jingles and Kringles closed their eyes and said,

"We, the Guardians of the truth, Guardians of Bloves, permit Jasper Jeremy and Elvina Jeremy to read the magic conundrum. We permit them to seek the information and all the help they could from the magic conundrum. Open up magic conundrum and let the Duplicate Custodians seek the truth." They said it without missing any Rs. That was diverse.

Then, the scroll opened and glowed with all its might. I caught a glimpse of everybody in the room. Jasper was staring unblinkingly, opened mouth, at the scroll. Charlotte was frozen. Her wide hazel eyes fixed on the scroll. Alyx in a nerd statue position under piles of books and papers, gazing at the scroll. I elbowed Charlotte to stop Jasper staring like that or else he will go blind. She politely hit him on his head and he came back to his senses. I caught both of them change glances. They had developed a good team. Jingles jagged at me with his hand to stand with Jasper and I did, then the scroll came to us and the words written with golden ink started to get visible.

"Gossypium hirsutum woven; palms of the girl of sorcery.

A deadly epée fixed with ancient crystal {the power of eye},

Fought against the lie,

On the day of Saint Sylvester,

Fuse with the knowledge of materiae,

Emerges a flock of filament with consistency of freedom from the prison you sew."

And yet here we go with another mystery...