Being Hunted

Location:
Unkown

Time:
1:37

Date:
Weeks Later
_______________________________________

(Y/N)'s POV

The reputation of being a Spartan is to be the best line of defense, the next step of our human evolution. So if a Spartan were to fall even if it comes from a small flinch it must be justified. So could you say my reason is justifiable?

I was thrown entirely onto the concrete surface. Ears ringing, vision heavily blurred, and my body was badly bruised to only feel aches in every region of my body. Yet despite the bio foam injectors fast at work attending my many wounds, the fire and fallen debris that had encapsulated and trapped me were still being felt through the resilient titian alloy of my Mjolnir armor. The worst part was that my energy shields were depleted and wouldn't recharge. So all I had left was the ammo left in my Battle Rifle and my weakened brute strength to survive.

The obscure visor made it hard for me to memorize my mistake, let alone help me fully grasp the situation I am in to better help me survive. All I recall was that the mission we believed to have been was to obtain simple intel was indeed a setup to get me in a vulnerable state.

Overwatch Trooper: "We're taking too many casualties sir!" A faint low echo I manage to overhear.

Soldier 76: "Alright fall back and evacuate the wounded!" He order soon after.

D.Va: "(Y/N)! I can't leave him!" D.Va tried to run past Soldier 76 but he wrestled with D.Va to stop her.

Soldier 76: "Thats an order Hana! It's too dangerous, he's in the kill zone!" He shouted to get the point across.

Getting the whole squad even team in a dangerous state because of a high value target like myself put a lot of weight on myself. Even my action has gotten D.Va in serious danger. The amount of damage I had caused even resulted in her to lose her protective mech and without me by her side, she could've be gone.

D.Va's cry had sent enough power for me to fully gain some substantial vision, auditory and most importantly my strength for me to finally see the full picture. We were encapsulated in a partially destroyed facility which had entrupted in a blazing flames. Debris from the buildings were crumpled and displaced everywhere and within it, a battle between the remaining Overwatch forces that still fought for it's survivalablity and an onslaught of destructive Omnics converging towards me in the center of it all.

D.Va's emotions had gotten in the way and with it, was able to brute force herself free from Solider 76's grasp. D.Va is a smart girl but her love and fondness for me had taken control and possess her to run straight into the rampage of gunfire for my aid.

D.Va: "(Y/N)! Please get up, we have to go NOW!" She pleaded and tugged to force me to get up but could not succeed.

Despite my wounds far from fully sealed and healed. D.Va's cry was enough to stand my feet, but her presence next to me put her in complete danger from any element. A nearby presence had emerged, not another friendly rather a fearless enemy. Stomping right through the fire menacingly was a dark sharp and angler figure. I could have easily be fooled by it looking like another Spartan. It had the right armor shape and proportion. But as the figure walked slowly towards me and D.Va the clearer I see that this one didn't have a human beneath it. It was all Omnic. Each step it took was enough to shake the concrete ground beneath it, and it's visor was a dark and frightening red, enough to spook even the toughest individuals.

I had tried putting up a fight against this new breed of Omnic before, but its enhanced speed, strength and reflexes had matched my own, the point where it towered over mine completely. The end result was with me with broken bones and bloody scars seen exposing through the nanocomposite bodysuit. A farcry to a long ago previous encounter that had left me in a similar state.