Chapter Fourteen

Christian

Christian

"HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT THIS? ABOUT THEM?" I shouted, slamming my fist down on the desk. Usually I'd get a flinching reaction or...any type of reaction really, but Destiny's face was unreadable. Nothing about her has changed and she still looked as beautiful as the day I let her walk out of my life. I wanted nothing more then to embrace her in my arms and kiss her long and hard, telling her that I still loved her and that I was sorry for everything that happened between us, but I was too blinded by anger to do so at the moment.

After Destiny sent her kids...well...our kids home, she came back to the house with me and well...all hell broke loose.

"Are you finished?" She questioned, crossing her arms. I scoffed, running my hand down my face, as I glared at her. "You done?"

"So you're not going to explain yourself? Or better yet...you're not going to explain why you felt the need to keep my kids away from me for sixteen years?!" She let out a dry chuckle, clapping her hands slowly, as she slowly approached my desk. She grabbed her purse, which told me that she was about to leave, but instead...she reached inside and pulled out a stack of papers; tossing them on my desk. "What's this?"

"That is proof that I did tell you about them, but you ignored me at every turn! So I commend you for playing this mad daddy role, but let's stop pretending like you actually give a fuck cause we both know you don't!" I furrowed my eyebrows, picking up the stack of papers, as I slowly started going through them. What the hell? Does she just carry these around everywhere she goes? Surely enough, there were copies of both email and text messages that she had sent to me, but the crazy thing is...I never got any of these. "Mhm. Now what do you have to say for yourself?"

"Destiny...I never received any of these emails or messages." I told her.

"Come on now, Christian, did you forget that we used to be married? When have you ever not had your phone on you, where you could check your text messages and emails?" She asked me.

"I know how this looks, but you have to understand...I was in a bad place after the divorce and I-"

"You were in a bad place?" She shouted, cutting me off. "Let's get one thing straight...YOU cheated on ME! Not the other way around! How do you think I felt catching my husband, and I use that term very loosely, with his stalkerish ex-girlfriend?! I was gone for two days! Two fucking days, Christian, but you couldn't wait to use that as an opportunity to get your precious Ana back in your sex room!"

"It wasn't like that." I sighed, only to have her cut me off again.

"Whether it was like that or not, you don't get to sit here and play the victim! Especially when you have the proof right there in your hands." And with that, she turned to leave, but I refused to let her do so. Not like this anyways.

"Destiny wait." I gently grabbed her hand, pulling her back, as she snatched her hand away from me.

"Don't touch me!"