Chapter Twenty-Six

Destiny

Destiny

I was pacing back and forth in my bedroom, rubbing my neck, as I tried my luck with Wes again. He was serious about not answering my phone calls and I know I said that I'd give him space, but I needed to hear his voice. Why? Because for one, he's my husband and despite what happened last night with Christian, I still loved him. And for two...I needed comfort and he was the only person who can give me the comfort I need.

"Wes...come on now, you seriously won't talk to me? And I know there isn't anything wrong with your phone, because Kynlee told me that you've been keeping in contact with her and the kids. I just...I need to know that you're okay, so...can you send me a text at least? A simple emoji will suffice, but don't shut me out. You didn't like when I shut you out, so don't do the same to me." I sighed, hanging up the phone. I could literally feel myself start to spiral, but I took a deep breath and tried my best to calm my nerves. "You know what? Fuck this." I scrolled down to Wes's auntie's number, pressing the call button, and pressing the phone against my ear. He was going to talk to me one way or another.

"Hello?" She answered, after the third ring.

"Hi, Aunt Lisa, it's Destiny."

"Oh Destiny! How are you honey? How are the kids and why has it been so long since I've seen you all?"

"The kids and I are fine. We heard about LeAnn's relapse and wanted to come down to show our support, but Wes said he didn't want the kids to see their grandma like that. How is she, by the way?" I asked.

"Relapse? Honey, what are you talking about? LeAnn didn't relapse, she's still sober and as the kids would say...living her best life." She revealed, making my heart drop.

"I'm sorry...what now? She didn't relapse? Why would Wes lie about..." My voice trailed off, knowing the exact reason why he lied to me. He wanted a reason to leave and instead of just saying he wanted space, he makes up some ridiculous lie? Okay then.

"I have no idea why Wesley lied, but I'm sure he'll explain everything when he returns from his trip."

"His...trip?" I questioned.

"Yeah, him and his friend Sam went camping, but they should be back in a few days." She said. Sam? Who the hell is Sam? I've met a majority of Wes's friend, but I've never even heard of the name Sam. "You know...I thought it was a bit suspicious for him to go camping alone, with his old high school sweetheart, but he assured me that you were fine with it."

"His high school sweetheart? Wait a minute...is Sam a girl?"

"Yeah, short for Samantha. Oh dear...I thought you knew all of this, but you have absolutely nothing to worry about Destiny. Wesley worships the ground you walk on and he'd never do anything to jeopardize ya'lls marriage." Unfortunately...I couldn't say the same for myself, and I know I have no right to be angry, but in this very moment...I was fucking furious.