Thirty-Five

Christian

Christian

I had been calling Destiny for the last twenty-four hours and either she didn't want to talk to me, or she was busy with this Ana situation; but either way...this radio silence was killing me. I know I shouldn't let her fight my battles for me, but she was a force to be reckoned with and if anyone could get Ana to back off...it was her.

"Destiny, I've been calling you since yesterday, can you please call me back? I'm worried about you." I sighed, hanging up. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, feeling the stress building up in my neck and shoulders.

"Mr. Grey?" Andrea's voice came through the phone, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Andrea? What are you still doing here? I sent everyone home an hour ago."

"I know, sir, and I was on my way out; but there's a Wesley Gold here to see you. He says he'd like to speak with you about something important." What the fuck? What the hell was he doing here? Stupid question. I knew exactly why he was here, but I really wasn't in the mood to deal with this. Not on top of everything else that I was dealing with at the moment. "Mr. Grey? You still there?"

"You can send him in." I said. Might as well get this over with, otherwise I'd be coming off as a coward, and I'm far from that. Leaning back in my chair, I heard a stern knock at the door, watching as Wes strolled into my office with an unreadable expression on his face. "Wes. To what do I owe this unexpected visit?"

"You know exactly why I'm here. And before I go any further, this isn't about the fact that you've been sleeping with my wife, which we will be coming back to." He hissed. "This is about Kyron and Kynlee."

"If this is about what happened the other day, I explained myself in a letter that I wrote them."

"Yeah, I figured as such, but here's the problem. They refuse to read it! They were about to rip it those letters to pieces, but we had to stop them from doing so. You really hurt them, Christian, and as much as I hate to say this...they've grown attached to you in a way that I'll never understand. From the moment I came back, all I've heard is them going on and on about you, and how amazing you are. Then out of nowhere, that love and excitement is just...gone!"

"It wasn't my intentions to hurt them." I said, honestly.

"Well you did and you need to fix this! Destiny and I can only do so much, but you are their father as well. It's time you step up and be the guy that they've been raving about!" He was right. It was time I stopped making excuses and show them that I wanted to be apart of their lives. That I wanted to be their dad.

"I'm sure they don't want to hear anything I have to say, but I'll try."

"Don't try, just do it." He said.

"I don't understand. Why are you trying to help me? You've been their father since they were little, so why are you helping me? If anything, I'd thought this would've made you happy." I said.